Stern John....

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

........is out of contract this summer.

Worth a gamble?

John Stern would be a good purchase for Division 1. I don't think he will command a big wage and is more than capable of scoring us the 20 goals that Dickhead would of.

City Fan said:
........is out of contract this summer.

Worth a gamble?

MA should definitely have a look.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Hate the name.

Sorry to ruin the excitement but he has ben offered a new contract, just a year but he is almost certain to sign it as he has reguarly spoken about his love of the club and how he is desperate to break into the side.

Not that good anyway

He's over 30, I would prefer to see a younger striker in. I want us to have a quality striker on our books for a number of years so he can set some records. Leon Knight, Nacho Novo or Stevie Crawford

I've heard a rumour that Julian Joachim may be returning to LCFC. What would you think about that if it happened? He's done quite well for Covscum so maybe he could do a job for us too?

Joe_Fox said:
I've heard a rumour that Julian Joachim may be returning to LCFC. What would you think about that if it happened? He's done quite well for Covscum so maybe he could do a job for us too?

I think he should be a last resort, if we need a new striker with a day to go until kick-off then snap him up, but where's the youth me duck?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I think he should be a last resort, if we need a new striker with a day to go until kick-off then snap him up, but where's the youth me duck?

He doesn't look old. Does that count?

Malf said:
He's over 30, I would prefer to see a younger striker in. I want us to have a quality striker on our books for a number of years so he can set some records. Leon Knight, Nacho Novo or Stevie Crawford

28/29. :wink:

I think Stern John could have done a good job for us. Certainly capable of getting 15+ goals a season in Division 1.

As for Julian Joachim, apparently he does want to come back to us....So watch this space. :wink:

Malf said:

He's 30 as well i think

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I think we should have a go at some quality loan signings such as Bentley from the Ars or Stead from Blackburn who scored a shit load at the end of last season. I dont think that Blackburn will start with him next season.

dave said:
Malf said:

He's 30 as well i think

He's in his early 20s I think.....

Wellard said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I think we should have a go at some quality loan signings such as Bentley from the Ars or Stead from Blackburn who scored a shit load at the end of last season. I dont think that Blackburn will start with him next season.

errr they will start him!!! Cus as you say he scored a load of goals :roll:

They wont start Stead? r u mad? Of course hey will!! he kept them up single handedly and its not like he will be burnt out cos the summers here!! Hes shit hot, reminds me of Omendroyd but with skill...and pace....and a good finisher...not bad in the air....the works!

As for Bentley i said that a few weeks ago but i doubt we would have the balls to go for him. Arsenal may be worried that it would have the same affect on him (1st division football) that it did on Neil Mellor of Liverpool. Highly rated, loaned to West Ham, totally roughed up and destroyed by defenders...now hes lost all confidence and struggling to regain his potential.

Joachim has been awesome this season, still injury prone me thinks.

Wellard, that's a balls up of huge proportions. Have a word mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757