Steve Harper linked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Click Here

"Steve Harper could see his future sorted soon with a move to Leicester City. Robson has managed to keep hold of the goalkeeper, despite the annual talk of him leaving. Last summer Celtic and Sunderland were rumoured to be after him, and Robson did say he would listen to offers. But none came.

In previous seasons Huddersfield Town and Bradford City are just two clubs who wanted the Easington-born 'keper, but he wasn't interested.
But now he knows he faces another season warming the bench and the time has come for him to look elsewhere.

A possible move to Leicester City has been spoken of, and it could happen.

The club's goalkeeping coach Tim Flowers quit the Walkers Stadium to join Kevin Keegan's Manchester City yesterday, and he is a big fan of Harper. But that shouldn't make any difference to the deal that could see Harper a replacement for Ian Walker should the England stopper seal a Premiership move this summer. "

IF Walker goes... which he won't.... I'd be quite happy for Danny Coyne to be our number one

He came on against Manchester United and didn't conceed a goal - unlike Walker who let in 4....

He came on against Arsenal and didn't conceed a goal - unlike Walker who let in 2.....

I think Danny Coyne would be an excellent Number 1 in Division 1.....

City Fan said:
He came on against Manchester United and didn't conceed a goal - unlike Walker who let in 4....

He came on against Arsenal and didn't conceed a goal - unlike Walker who let in 2.....

I agree with you, not only has he done well in those games, but also when playing for Wales.

He's not as good as Walker, but still a good keeper.

City Fan said:

Coyne played for 11 minutes against Arsenal and let in no goals, the first goal Walker let in was after 47 minutes on the pitch and that was a penalty. I can't argue with the Man U point. Walker is definately a better 'keeper than Coyne in my opinion, and that's why he's our No 1, I think Coyne would do an good job in Div 1 though, but the more quality players we keep the better.

As for this rumour, it looks like bullshit to me (as I said on the other thread that mentioned it), the article is just 'paint by numbers' journalism ie. the fact that Walker plays for England means he must want to leave Leicester and play in the Prem, and as Newcastle have a spare goalie of course Leicester would take him because we're desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757