Still classed as youth at 35??

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

im not sure if i was dreaming this but im sure when CL joined us he said that youth was the key to success in this division. since he has come in i dont think we have played a player under the age of 21 from the start. we have herd promising things about players such as stearman, dawson and wright but none of them are not even gettin a sniff of a chance. Since CL arrived he has bought in dublin and keown at the heart of our defence when they have a combined age of almost 80. to me that is not youth and we have not had any success, so i think CL is right, youth is the key to success, but for some reason he doesn't want to be successfull

matt_c0nn0lly said:
since he has come in i dont think we have played a player under the age of 21 from the start.

Stearman (17) played a full 90 against Reading.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
we have herd promising things about players such as stearman, dawson and wright but none of them are not even gettin a sniff of a chance.

See above about Stearman, Dawson has been on the bench three times and Wright came on vs Sheffield Utd.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
im not sure if i was dreaming this but im sure when CL joined us he said that youth was the key to success in this division. since he has come in i dont think we have played a player under the age of 21 from the start. we have herd promising things about players such as stearman, dawson and wright but none of them are not even gettin a sniff of a chance.

Stearman has started a match (and he came on as a sub under Bassett), something he didn't do under Adams. Dawson has been on the bench several times without getting on the pitch. I'm sure that's more than would have happened under MA.

I think Levein is trying to bring the younger players in slowly, but if a self confessed fan of younger players like CL is not playing our youngsters it probably says a lot about the poor quality of our youth system.
It's not a recent problem, Emile Heskey was the last real Premiership quality player to come through, and that was 8 years ago (maybe Matt Piper would have been another if it wasn't for injuries). That's a poor record for all the money that's been put into the academy.

exactly the point i've been making for a while Webbo.
if you look at who has come through our ranks and now regularly plays at this level or above since leaving Leicester there's only Heskey,Joachim(who never reached the potential he showed due to injuries etc)and that it. Piper has been injured since he left.

all those others who broke through and were eventually let go play at lower levels now.

it's alright saying Stearman et all have got what it takes at 17and i really do hope he continues to progress) but in 5 years time they might be playing for Nuneaton Borough!

all these youngsters who have international caps at u21 and below doesn't mean they will be good enough to play CCC or Prem level in the future,ffs Trev has been capped at u21!!!

Makin should be capped IMO....Knee- capped.
As said before the Youth set up over the past 5 years hasn't produced anybody of note.Hopefully Stearman and Dawson will buck that trend but other Young players aren't in the squad because quite simply aren't up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566