Stoke Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From the OS. ;)

Sylla Starts

City boss Rob Kelly makes four changes to his starting line up for the Championship clash against Stoke City on Tuesday night.

In come Paddy McCarthy, Momo Sylla, Andy Johnson and Stephen Hughes for Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, James Wesolowski and Andy Welsh.

McAuley misses the game through suspension, while Wesolowski (shin) and Kisnorbo (knee) are injured. Welsh drops to the bench alongside Paul Henderson, Alan Maybury, Matty Fryatt and Josh Low.

City look set to start the game with a back four of Richard Stearman, Darren Kenton, McCarthy and Nils-Eric Johansson playing in defence from right to left. Sylla, Johnson, Hughes and Danny Tiatto will make up the midfield, with Iain Hume and Elvis Hammond continuing in attack for the fifth consecutive league game.

City: Logan, Stearman, Kenton, McCarthy, Johansson, Sylla, Johnson, Hughes, Tiatto, Hammond, Hume.
Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Fryatt, Low, Welsh.

Stoke: to follow....

Hmm, spose that its the best of what we've got....for now. Sad to see Weso has picked up an injury, coulda done with him snapping that Hendry fella.

Doesn't seem to look like a very strong team at all, considering the run Stoke are on at the moment I will be very happy to take a point of them and extend our unbeaten run by another game.

My prediction : 1-1 - Stephen Hughes to score for us ;)

So I hear that it will be cold there tonight. Inspite of the fact that it was 24degrees C in Bordeaux today, I know where I would rather be. C'MON YOU BLUES

I thought Kisnorbo was great against QPR, especially winning all the headers, he will be missed tonight

Worrying. Should be Tiatto in the centre and Welsh on the left I think. Shame to see Paddy K and McCauley out too, although hopefully Kenton can do well there. Hopefully Momo takes his chance, but I doubt it.

Cmon City, lets have em

Just got to game! Poor def weak mid. Im worried!

City: Logan, Stearman, Kenton, McCarthy, Johansson, Sylla, Johnson, Hughes, Tiatto, Hammond, Hume.
Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Fryatt, Low, Welsh.

so the additional players missing from that line-up are:

kisnorbo
weslowski
mcauley
porter
o'grady
williams
douglas

4 of whom I would expect to be in the starting line-up. Namely kisnorbo, williams, weslowski and mcauley. I think we are looking fairly weakened tonight and would definately take a draw.

Come on city. Hit em hard nice and early!!

has the link changed ??:102:
all I'm getting is a load of static noise :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961