Strauss to be rested

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Strauss to be rested and cook to captain in Bangladesh!

Re: Final SA test

Apparently Strauss feels "jaded". FFS.

Absolute joke, surely the month off between tours is sufficient time to rest and recharge his batteries. Time for a reality check. Sportsmen are becoming further and further removed from the Public, they are in such a privilaged position to be playing professional sport and being well rewarded too boot.

Wonder how the captain of England would survive in the real world if he had to get up at 5 every morning, commute to work and do a 50/60 hour working week, under constant pressure and with the added pressure of trying to provide for his family in recession hit Britain.

Absolute joke, surely the month off between tours is sufficient time to rest and recharge his batteries. Time for a reality check. Sportsmen are becoming further and further removed from the Public, they are in such a privilaged position to be playing professional sport and being well rewarded too boot.

Wonder how the captain of England would survive in the real world if he had to get up at 5 every morning, commute to work and do a 50/60 hour working week, under constant pressure and with the added pressure of trying to provide for his family in recession hit Britain.

Bang on atothez.

Last edited:
To be fair, Standing in a field watching people hit balls past you can be pretty exhausting.

Coupling this with then hitting a ball a couple of times, followed by a long walk to a pavilion where you are waiting to be greeted by as much tea and cake as you can consume. I can see why he feels "jaded"!!!

I feel worn out just reading about it your daily toil!

Strauss clearly didn't fancy the trip to Bangladesh - just as other England players have looked to avoiding previous tours to the sub-continent. I don't suppose that many of the other players with safe places in the team were that keen either - and I can't think that this helps Strauss's standing with them.

I think he has shown a sign of weakness by ducking out and he might come to regret it if we lose the Ashes series next winter and scape goats are needed.

At the end of the day, his average for the South Africa test series was poor and he should have looked to amassing some runs against the weakest of the test nations in order to help put things right.

Lots of ex captains asked by the times and only Vaughan supported it. As most of them say when you take the job it us your team and you shouldn't ask them to go on the field if you don't want to. Strauss has a month off before then and they could really do with knuckling down and getting their batting unit fixed. Notice that only two tons in this series, like the ashes. Just not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69