Straw Poll...

Will you watch it?

• I've got no interest whatsoever. I intend to avoid the entire tournament.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I intend to avoid it, but will probably end up watching a few games through sheer boredom

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I plan to whinge about it up until it starts and then watch it anyway like a complete bellend

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I'll avoid it but will probably change my mind for the final stages.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll avoid it but will probably change my mind for the final stages if England are still in it.

• I'll just watch the England games.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I'll watch it as much as I can. It's the best thing that has ever happened to football.

• I agree with Gary Neville

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you know this but it’s amazing what kids pick up on. My wife is a primary school teacher and is always amazed at how much 8-11 year olds understand or at least know of. I imagine there’s a lot of chat about Russia and soon it will be people losing their houses.
On this point, we've got 3 kids (our daughters are 16 and 13) so he's obviously in conversations with us when they're involved too and is aware of things that aren't just relevant to 9 year olds. There's the good, bad and the ugly that goes on in the world, so it all gets absorbed. They're all clever kids (even if I do say it myself), so I know we can't just ignore things and pretend they don't happen, we try to talk through them so at least they know a version of the truth, rather than just the playground chat.

They take after their mother then.
She’s got two degrees, so it’s a fair comment. My eldest daughter just got straight 9s in her GCSEs though, including 239/240 in her maths GCSE and she definitely gets that side of things from me :cool:

Either that or the milkman is also a mathematician too :017::icon lol:

My eldest daughter just got straight 9s in her GCSEs though

Well done to her (and you). I was at my daughter's high school open day yesterday...they showed the grades kids get etc and it was all numbers. The world's gone mad. Is 9 the highest number? Should be 10 or 11 IMO. Makes as much sense as sticking a star after A.

Well done to her (and you). I was at my daughter's high school open day yesterday...they showed the grades kids get etc and it was all numbers. The world's gone mad. Is 9 the highest number? Should be 10 or 11 IMO. Makes as much sense as sticking a star after A.
Thanks and yes a 9 is the highest number. It seems to change a lot so it'll probably be different again in a couple of years, so that it makes even less sense than it does now.

Sky are now promoting is as if it is only a problem because it “breaks tradition”

Media love just avoiding the main actual talking points don’t they?!

World Cup stadium firm built Chinese ‘internment camp’

Company behind Qatar’s venue for final also worked on prison for mass Uighur detention

I was planning to go to New Zealand for most of the tournament to miss it but business class flights got stupidly expensive so I'm now planning a road trip around Scotland for the first few weeks of it.
We hired a Motorhome last summer and spent 2 weeks doing the NC500, had a brilliant time and wished we had done it years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263