Strengthening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Okay, now that the endless manager threads have died and the speculation has been put to rest, we need a new speculative output that can command about 115 threads between now and the next big thing that hits our club.

So here is my contribution.

Now that Kelly has been given the reigns until the end of the season, do you think
  1. he will be allowed to strengthen the squad with a loan signing?
  2. and what position(s) do you think he will be looking to strengthen?
There must be a bit of money to spend, what with Wigan looking to stay up (potential Connolly windfall), Dublin moving on, and DeVries out on loan.

I think a left back is a must. And now that Weso is out...:102:

Last edited:
Spot on. Although we could probably muddle through until the summer. Then, when Joey fecks off, a decent holding midfielder will be the priority. Hello again, Neil Lennon?

first left back...
then a midfielder as we are losing JG RS and injury to JW:icon_cry:

I don't think a left back is a major priority as NEJ is doing ok, IMO that can wait til the summer. A proper holding central midfielder JG is more attacking, JW filled it but broke his leg (as we all know), I thought we missed that more than a left back last night. then i would say some wingers before a left back as well.

Dangeruss said:
first left back...
then a midfielder as we are losing JG RS and injury to JW:icon_cry:

Dangeruss,

You had me worried for a minute. I thought I had missed an announcement that Richard Steerman was leaving. Glad it is only Ryan Smith.

merchant_banker said:
Dangeruss,

You had me worried for a minute. I thought I had missed an announcement that Richard Steerman was leaving. Glad it is only Ryan Smith.
:eek: :eek: :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

In the summer we need....

Left Winger
Right Winger
Centre Mid
Someone who can cover left mid and centre mid.
Left Back
Striker (If De Vries goes)

merchant_banker said:
You had me worried for a minute. I thought I had missed an announcement that Richard Steerman was leaving.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the price is right I'd imagine Stearman will be on his way.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Right and / or left winger

Central Midfielder

Left back

There was a story on one of the sites that we were interested in taking Rufus Brevett on loan, but I am not sure why we would want a 36 year old left back who can't get into the Plymouth team.

I think our most urgent requirement is a holding midfielder who can tackle and play the simple pass. This is why we did well when JW was playing. Yes, it's the Neil Lennon role, but he won't be coming this seaon. I noticed at the game last night that for periods the Derby midfield were allowed too much space, which put the back four under even more pressure.

highland fox said:
I'd miss him loads if he left, he's the object of my on-pitch fantasties and has been ever since Frank Sinclair left the club.

Thanks for that HF.

highland fox said:
Can you just 'curb your enthusiasm' for my fantasies Alex ?:icon_lol:

Ha ha brilliant HF, brilliant.....

You seen that show? My fave'....

alex said:
Ha ha brilliant HF, brilliant.....

You seen that show? My fave'....

I saw some clips from it when the guy was being interviewed with Ricky Gervais in some programme.Didn't look too bad for American Comedy (not a Fan of American comedy)

highland fox said:
I saw some clips from it when the guy was being interviewed with Ricky Gervais in some programme.Didn't look too bad for American Comedy (not a Fan of American comedy)

My god nor am I.... Try it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265