Strikers who leave then score. Plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX Franks

I know we're used to it with Akinbiyi, and DJ last season... but why is it that we're once again watching our strikers go out on loan and perform exactly as we expected when we bought them?

Gradel, DJ(again) and now Dickov.

Surely somebody somewhere is taking the p*ss!!!

I know we're used to it with Akinbiyi, and DJ last season... but why is it that we're once again watching our strikers go out on loan and perform exactly as we expected when we bought them?

Surely somebody somewhere is taking the p*ss!!!

I won't be the one to point out that Gradel isn't a striker. But yes, someone is taking the piss. The players you mentioned who refuse to perform to an adequate standard in a blue shirt, and who apparently think running onto the pitch is enough to justify taking home a hefty wage packet.

With so many strikers at our club you cannot please everyone.

Fryatt is going to start no matter what...Waghorn is improving by the week.

So who do you drop?

Our problem is our midfield how many goals has Wellens.King and Oakley chipped in with...the answer is 1.

Stats do not lie...a new midfield please!

I think it's all a question of perception here.

I'm sure there has been players in the past that have gone out on loan and not performed / scored goals.

It's just a case of what you notice and what you don't notice.

I think it's all a question of perception here.

I'm sure there has been players in the past that have gone out on loan and not performed / scored goals.

It's just a case of what you notice and what you don't notice.

Fair point, and i suppose- though it was rightly pointed out Gradel isn't a striker- he did still score a few last season in league one.
With regards the problem in midfield, King scored in league one a few times... but here in the championship he hasn't got time from the defenders to get a shot in! Definitely, though- midfielders needed in the january transfer window please Nige!

I think we should re-think are game plan teams are catching us fast and we need goals because points win prizes not 1-1 draws so more width with gallagher and bring back gradel defo gives more option's, also a fast , center midfielder and can drop back fast like cleverly was and we need speed up front a good strong striker who can show the lads a thing when it come to scoring goals £££££ is the key now transfers is a step away and i think nigel has a trick up his sleeve time will tell and just grind some win hopefully come on boys!!!!!:icon_roll

And Mark Yeates.

I think the reason, rather than something Machiavellian, is different in each case.

Dickov is getting on; he needs a run of games to get up to speed. At Leicester, we have younger strikers ahead of him and he will never get more than an odd game. Campbell has not really wanted to be here since Allen departed.
The serious problem is Gradel, who played extremely well for Bournemouth and now Leeds. The obvious conclusion is that he is not used in his most effective manner by the City set up.

I think the reason, rather than something Machiavellian, is different in each case.

Dickov is getting on; he needs a run of games to get up to speed. At Leicester, we have younger strikers ahead of him and he will never get more than an odd game. Campbell has not really wanted to be here since Allen departed.
The serious problem is Gradel, who played extremely well for Bournemouth and now Leeds. The obvious conclusion is that he is not used in his most effective manner by the City set up.

Or he's better suited to lower leagues

I think we should re-think are game plan teams are catching us fast and we need goals because points win prizes not 1-1 draws so more width with gallagher and bring back gradel defo gives more option's, also a fast , center midfielder and can drop back fast like cleverly was and we need speed up front a good strong striker who can show the lads a thing when it come to scoring goals £££££ is the key now transfers is a step away and i think nigel has a trick up his sleeve time will tell and just grind some win hopefully come on boys!!!!!:icon_roll

What?

WIDTH! WIDTH! WIDTH!

All I fecking here these days.

People like this seem to think they know everything about football tactics from playing FM yet seem to think we HAVE to play 4-4-2 with out and out wide midfielders.

MON played most often with us without wide midfielders and he was pretty successful here. Chelsea are playing without wide midfielders and they aren't doing too badly atm are they, eh? The Brazil side of 1970 played without wide midfielders and they are pretty widely regarded as the greatest team of all-time.

For christ's sake! We are completely over exceeding expectations by miles, that was the first game I came away from all season when I didn't think we had a could have or even should have won.

4-4-2 is the most analysed, obvious and used formation in the English game, so it's the one that is most known how to deal with, it's no surprise that virtually none, if any of the top teams use it. Why the feck should we play that every week? Besides, Pearson should pick his formation, line-up and style of play based on the opposition, the one that will work best against the opposition's style of play not just play 4-4-2 with proper wide midfielders like Dyer and Gradel who incidentally offer no defensive qualities whatsoever, just because it's what fans are used to.

Last edited:
With regards wide play it certainly isn't necessary, and when our main two strikers at the moment are Fryatt and Waghorn - neither of hich are Howard or kermit style head-winners, it makes no sense either.

Also worth considering that virtually all our wingers seem to be utterly inconsistent- and unbelievably I'm including Lloyd Dyer in that :icon_lol:

With regards wide play it certainly isn't necessary, and when our main two strikers at the moment are Fryatt and Waghorn - neither of hich are Howard or kermit style head-winners, it makes no sense either.

Also worth considering that virtually all our wingers seem to be utterly inconsistent- and unbelievably I'm including Lloyd Dyer in that :icon_lol:

Well said.

It's not just a Leicester thing. We used to have a short, fast, bucktoothed lad playing for us who did OK on t'weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263