Struggling with March 15th Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WAS intending to do that........BUT........

How much more blood does this club want from its year-on-year, decade-on-decade loyal fans?

It's very disappointing.

I have had to rethink this entire issue.

I feel disenfranchised and exploited, even though I've stuck with us all through, even through this rubbish season, and totally believe in LCFC.

It's not good. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling..........It makes me feel like a number, an investor, a subscriber to some crap TV channel or some disreputable website, and that's not what I am. I'm a loyal supporter and a fan, and have been a believer, for years and years and years.

I'm just opting out of this relentless, ruthless, capital-driven financial blackmail. It's got that bad, for me. After all these years, that's really sad.

I'm not renewing, for the first time in two decades. I can't be reduced to being a nothing, a faceless contributor to someone's investment fund, with an extra administration fee everywhere I turn.

That isn't what this passion is about.

It's not football. It's cynical big business. I can't be a part of it.

Not that you can be bovvered with my POV. And that's fairynuff. :) But I'm kinda sticking to what I said in my lengthy interview with 4-4-2 a couple of years ago. When business interests take over fan bases, it's the end of the road.

Lots of......

:(

I can understand your point of view entirely. Although differently expressed, it's the same as I wrote here two years ago when I decided not to renew. Unfortunately I was unable to resist the pull for even half a season and was soon back within the fold - and without a season ticket, it was the most expensive football I had watched for years.

I will be renewing on Sunday, but as near to the 2 p.m. deadline as is possible - it seems to be the only line of protest that remains open to me these days.

I wish you the best of luck in beating your addiction; it won't be easy. Supporting Leicester City really ****s you up.

I can understand your point of view entirely. Although differently expressed, it's the same as I wrote here two years ago when I decided not to renew. Unfortunately I was unable to resist the pull for even half a season and was soon back within the fold - and without a season ticket, it was the most expensive football I had watched for years.

I will be renewing on Sunday, but as near to the 2 p.m. deadline as is possible - it seems to be the only line of protest that remains open to me these days.

I wish you the best of luck in beating your addiction; it won't be easy. Supporting Leicester City really ****s you up.

Can anybody tell me why they have put this silly stupid early deadline in anyway? Why are they going to then penalise people who opt for the payment plan by charging £4 a month debit charge? It does not cost £4 to do this, it's another way of squeezing the last penny out of us.
If they do this they should then consider refunding the matches ST holders don't go to. Most ST holders at some point will miss a match.

I am not renewing on Sunday either. The club can **** themselves.

Can anybody tell me why they have put this silly stupid early deadline in anyway?
Because we are now a business before we are a club.

All this "thinking about the fans" nonsense is complete and utter bollocks that only the immensely stupid, blinkered or gullible will fall for.

Watch Topps Tiles announce serious financial difficulties at some point in the not too distant future. Then a few more people will see through the "giving something back to the fans" nonsense.

Despite the woeful current financial climate, football fans will still persevere. The club knows this and so they put plans into action to rape us of our money at the earliest opportunity.

The club have seen sales figures from those clubs that sell blank shirts, they have seen the current state of the economy, including Topps Tiles and have decided where they might be better off. My guess is they are safer to take more of our money, than they are from a would be unstable or unwilling sponsor.

From a business POV this makes sense and I applaud them for that, but FFS don't take the piss out of me and pretend it's all for my benefit.

I also received an email from them a couple of days ago informing me that I can take my Mum for a meal at the club and watch the game after for the amazing price of just £70. Do they really, REALLY think I'm that f**king stupid that I will see this as a bargain?

Financially I'm better off than I have been for a number of years, but I ain't giving it to these people which treat me like this, not any more.

Because we are now a business before we are a club.

All this "thinking about the fans" nonsense is complete and utter bollocks that only the immensely stupid, blinkered or gullible will fall for.

Watch Topps Tiles announce serious financial difficulties at some point in the not too distant future. Then a few more people will see through the "giving something back to the fans" nonsense.

Despite the woeful current financial climate, football fans will still persevere. The club knows this and so they put plans into action to rape us of our money at the earliest opportunity.

The club have seen sales figures from those clubs that sell blank shirts, they have seen the current state of the economy, including Topps Tiles and have decided where they might be better off. My guess is they are safer to take more of our money, than they are from a would be unstable or unwilling sponsor.

From a business POV this makes sense and I applaud them for that, but FFS don't take the piss out of me and pretend it's all for my benefit.

I also received an email from them a couple of days ago informing me that I can take my Mum for a meal at the club and watch the game after for the amazing price of just £70. Do they really, REALLY think I'm that f**king stupid that I will see this as a bargain?

Financially I'm better off than I have been for a number of years, but I ain't giving it to these people which treat me like this, not any more.
I have just emailed the club, I know it's a bit late, but I have had work problems to sort out recently.
I very much doubt I will get a reply but Peter Jones has just had the sharp end of my tongue. I can see that they want to attract "new" ST holders for the new season, but why do they have to put pressure on the existing holders in order to accommodate them. The people who bought tickets for this season and certain bankers to renew for next season, so why not offer new holders the empty seats we have this season. Fcuk me there are enough to choose from. I also asked him why we cannot put a deposit down now and pay the balance off in full at the end of May, why do we have to commit to DD payments and a further £4 a month charge.
I will not renew tomorrow, TBH I am surrounded by twats in SK2, and if I get a seat later on albeit 5% more, BUTI will not shell out any more cash on match days or any other days. This will include programmes, food, drink and stuff from the shop. I will not be buying extra tickets to take friends either. I will not be booking for the Christmas party either. I reckon that will save us around £1500. I would also urge other ST holders to do the same.

Also the tax relief they will get on the away shirt as it is being given to charity. This is nothing to do with what the fans want. Putting a logo of a charity on the shirt can be looked as a charitable donation.

I WAS intending to do that........BUT........

How much more blood does this club want from its year-on-year, decade-on-decade loyal fans?

It's very disappointing.

I have had to rethink this entire issue.

I feel disenfranchised and exploited, even though I've stuck with us all through, even through this rubbish season, and totally believe in LCFC.

It's not good. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling..........It makes me feel like a number, an investor, a subscriber to some crap TV channel or some disreputable website, and that's not what I am. I'm a loyal supporter and a fan, and have been a believer, for years and years and years.

I'm just opting out of this relentless, ruthless, capital-driven financial blackmail. It's got that bad, for me. After all these years, that's really sad.

I'm not renewing, for the first time in two decades. I can't be reduced to being a nothing, a faceless contributor to someone's investment fund, with an extra administration fee everywhere I turn.

That isn't what this passion is about.

It's not football. It's cynical big business. I can't be a part of it.

Not that you can be bovvered with my POV. And that's fairynuff. :) But I'm kinda sticking to what I said in my lengthy interview with 4-4-2 a couple of years ago. When business interests take over fan bases, it's the end of the road.

Lots of......

:(

Could'nt agree more.

Aside from the way the club now insists on this ridiculous matchday presentation my main reasons for not renewing are exactly as you have written above.

I reckon I've missed about 30 home games since 1980 but the marketing people seem quite happy to wave goodbye to that sort of support.

I'll always look for the results but I can't fully support something that gives me no loyalty back.

Full respect to those that are buying a season ticket, let's hope they treat you better when the next renewals are due in roughly 10 months time:icon_wink

Also the tax relief they will get on the away shirt as it is being given to charity. This is nothing to do with what the fans want. Putting a logo of a charity on the shirt can be looked as a charitable donation.

Has an announcement been made that the club will be giving a single penny to LOROS as a result of the deal to put their logo on the shirt? If it has, I must have missed it.

Full respect to those that are buying a season ticket, let's hope they treat you better when the next renewals are due in roughly 10 months time:icon_wink

I think we need your sympathy more than your respect. To be taken in by it all once again is nothing for us to be proud of.

Can anybody tell me why they have put this silly stupid early deadline in anyway?

Good question. Think about the only real answer that stands up to all the criticism, Mandy agreeing to review it etc and it still not being changed. They might not be the best at customer service but they're not complete idiots and they're probably aware that they will lose out in net terms from pissing off the people they rely on.

In my opinion, the only reason that justifies it is that they need a couple of million quid desperately. When you're more than £30m in debt and sponsors are pulling out because of their own problems, and banks are very twitchy about dodgy debts, sometimes you need to prove your liquidity and pay a few bills.

I don't think they'd be doing it otherwise.

Good question. Think about the only real answer that stands up to all the criticism, Mandy agreeing to review it etc and it still not being changed. They might not be the best at customer service but they're not complete idiots and they're probably aware that they will lose out in net terms from pissing off the people they rely on.

In my opinion, the only reason that justifies it is that they need a couple of million quid desperately. When you're more than £30m in debt and sponsors are pulling out because of their own problems, and banks are very twitchy about dodgy debts, sometimes you need to prove your liquidity and pay a few bills.

I don't think they'd be doing it otherwise.

We're by no means the only club with an earlier deadline, a Brum fan at work had to renew by the end of Feb.

We're by no means the only club with an earlier deadline, a Brum fan at work had to renew by the end of Feb.

From the Birmingham City Website:-
Current season ticket holders for season 08/09 will have their seats on hold up until 31st March 2009.

Birmingham also offering 10% off last years price if you renew or buy before March 31st.

Has an announcement been made that the club will be giving a single penny to LOROS as a result of the deal to put their logo on the shirt? If it has, I must have missed it.

just allocating the space on the shirt and not charging them for it will be looked on as a charitable donation. They can now pluck any figure out of the air as to what that space is worth and put that down as the donation. Money does not need to change hands. They can then offset that against tax. I don't know how it works, but my accountant told me they could do that and I am sure they will have looked into it. That would be the last thing they would announce though

From the Birmingham City Website:-
Current season ticket holders for season 08/09 will have their seats on hold up until 31st March 2009.

Birmingham also offering 10% off last years price if you renew or buy before March 31st.

Feck knows what he was on about then!

We have asked the club how much of the retail price on the away shirt will be going directly to LOROS and strongly recommended that the club should announce a specific £x's per shirt.

We have also gone into detail as to why this would make sound commercial sense, based on the number of people who have said to us they would buy the away shirt next season if they know that £x's directly goes to LOROS.

The majority of people who have said this to us have not bought a shirt for sometime, infact some aren't even City fans, but have had close contact with LOROS via a family member, close friend or work colleague.

We have asked the club how much of the retail price on the away shirt will be going directly to LOROS and strongly recommended that the club should announce a specific £x's per shirt.

Perhaps the club think that advertising the charity is enough. Perhaps the club are giving LOROS a tenner for every shirt sold. Perhaps it's something between these two extremes - but the fact is that we don't know and I think we should.

Perhaps the club think that advertising the charity is enough. Perhaps the club are giving LOROS a tenner for every shirt sold. Perhaps it's something between these two extremes - but the fact is that we don't know and I think we should.

They won't give a penny to Loros, they will say the logo on the shirts FOC is enough.

And talking of charitable donations, when are the club going to say where the 2.5% VAT reductions on tickets and stuff from the shop will be going. Since the drop from 17.5% to 15% how much do you think they have trousered. I estimate it could be around £50,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757