Sub thing

Joe_Fox

So there's this sub thing that takes rich folk down to the bottom of the ocean to look at stuff. Apparently, it's a bit dodgy, but the rich folk either don't care, don't do their due diligence, or do both, most likely to live by the foolhardy and macho mantle of fortune favouring the "brave". Any who, latest voyage for said sub thing has gone tits up and gawd knows what's occurred. Just wanted to let y'all know. I mean, let's face it, it really is important news.

Looks like they’ve found some debris and it was a mercifully quick, if splatty death for those on board. If it did disintegrate deep down under all that pressured then it would have been over in a millisecond.

Whatever you think about the billionaires on board, the coverage and their motivations for taking part in this, it was mortifying to think about them trapped on the sea floor or in the wreck of the titanic.

Yet the fishing boat that sank in the Mediterranean killing potential hundreds of migrants with rumours of women and children being locked in the hold gets a slight mention, yet the sub that went down is having 24/7 coverage with experts giving their opinion and friends giving interviews about their potential mental state.
Fishing boat gets yeah well the Greeks didn't want it so they tried to drag it towards Italy, it sank and probably hundreds of people died, oh well let's concentrate on the sub with 5 people on because they are rich.

screenshot_20230621-210020-png.83580

Yet the fishing boat that sank in the Mediterranean killing potential hundreds of migrants with rumours of women and children being locked in the hold gets a slight mention, yet the sub that went down is having 24/7 coverage with experts giving their opinion and friends giving interviews about their potential mental state.
Fishing boat gets yeah well the Greeks didn't want it so they tried to drag it towards Italy, it sank and probably hundreds of people died, oh well let's concentrate on the sub with 5 people on because they are rich.
Another 30 died today off the coast of the Canary Islands with Spanish authorities being aware of the boat for hours but palmed it off onto Morocco.

Another 30 died today off the coast of the Canary Islands with Spanish authorities being aware of the boat for hours but palmed it off onto Morocco.

The EU have been absymal at dealing with the issue. The UK just as bad. There is such a constant and ever increasing death toll at sea now. It's heart breaking.

The only solution I can see is the Australian one. If you arrive by such methods, you remove any right to remain in the country forever and are immediately returned from where they came. No exceptions.

That has practically stopped such journeys there. Allowing people to travel and then claim asylum without any documentation just encourages people to try it. They're being horribly exploited by the gangs in northern Africa or France. Every year that passes sees more attempting to cross seas. This increase will never end because it's human nature to seek a better life. You can't blame anyone for trying.

The UK don't allow anyone to apply for right to remain unless they come from favoured countries which has to change too. It's ridiculous.

So toughen some rules up and be more lenient with other rules. Access to the UK or EU is then based on circumstances and nobody need die at sea. The current perverse human rights laws are just killing people.

The UK don't allow anyone to apply for right to remain unless they come from favoured countries which has to change too. It's ridiculous.

So toughen some rules up and be more lenient with other rules. Access to the UK or EU is then based on circumstances and nobody need die at sea. The current perverse human rights laws are just killing people.
I agree with you, unfortunately here the slogan ‘stop the boats’ feels more like a dog whistle going into the next election more than anything else. It’s a problem for the next government and it’s not something I expect they’ll fix.

I agree with you, unfortunately here the slogan ‘stop the boats’ feels more like a dog whistle going into the next election more than anything else. It’s a problem for the next government and it’s not something I expect they’ll fix.
The enraging thing about this is Braverman constantly saying it's "The will of the British people" as if
A/ she knows about such a thing and
B/ That automatically absolves her from any kind of responsibility for being an awful human being

I also enjoyed James Cleverley saying the windrush generation was brilliant but obviously immigrants now are all bad

My Immigrant Parents = Fantastic
Other Immigrant Parents = Evil Bastards

Make it make sense.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570