Sunday Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Looking for a decent one to read. NOTW takes 5 mins and is full of shit. Mail on Sunday is mainly Somalians living in mansions. I want something with a comprehensive sports section and unbiased interesting news articles. Any ideas ?

I went from The Sun to The Times a while back. Mostly for the sport section which i find very good. The articles elsewhere seem pretty well written too (they hold my concentration at least).

Don't really buy Sunday papers but can't be too different?

For sports coverage then you can't beat The Times. Makes you bloody arms ache after a while of reading though or you become a master in origami!!

Guardian have the best sports coverage (online anyway) imo-have a slightly different take on issues. Plus the fiver and football weekly are brilliant

Guardian have the best sports coverage (online anyway) imo-have a slightly different take on issues. Plus the fiver and football weekly are brilliant

But he wanted unbiased reporting as well as good sports coverage.

Times? Unbiased reporting :icon_roll

It's not too bad and I personally believe currently one of the most balanced. In fact, the headline and associated article today shines some decency on Gordon Brown and makes Nick Clegg sound like a prick.

Agreed but it does **** all about the lower leagues.

For sports coverage then you can't beat The Times. Makes you bloody arms ache after a while of reading though or you become a master in origami!!

It's now 'tabloid' sized. The Game is excellent though. It's one of the few papers to give a reasonable spread across the divisions (they even have a non-league report special). Marcotti (DD's journalist bumboy) also writes for them..

I don't know why I am witting on as none of these are Sunday papers or their supplements.

It's not too bad and I personally believe currently one of the most balanced. In fact, the headline and associated article today shines some decency on Gordon Brown and makes Nick Clegg sound like a prick.

That'll be their natural Tory bias coming through

doesn't seem to alot these days. Stopped listening to the game podcast when they replaced him with feckin phil jupitus.

Guaridan Football Weekly best football podcast out there

He wants a paper on a Sunday
He wants it to cover lots of Sport

Not rocket science, is it ?

Well there's no such thing as an unbiased newspaper, so good luck. Assuming football coverage is what you want when you say sport coverage, it's got to be the Observer or the Times. The Telegraph is better if you want more rugger and cricket, while the Observer/Guardian has also got the best coverage of le Tour.

Personally, I stopped buying a paper regularly a long time ago, read several on the net instead. The best football journalist around IMO is Jonathan Wilson, appears semi-regualrly in the Guardian, Independent and Telegraph, as well as various magazines - has also put out a few books which are miles above most football writing.

Personally, I stopped buying a paper regularly a long time ago, read several on the net instead. The best football journalist around IMO is Jonathan Wilson, appears semi-regualrly in the Guardian, Independent and Telegraph, as well as various magazines - has also put out a few books which are miles above most football writing.
:038: Jonathan Wilson is probably the most knowledgeable football journalist there is in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46