Sunderland want Connolly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

This had better not go tits up now!
Surely he wouldnt choose tham over us would he? We have abetter chence of going up than they do and i would have thought we could have given him a better overall opacjage than they could.

I am now worried! I thought the deal was meant to be tied up today and now this.

If not perphaps we can get Shearer, i mean all he wants to be is in the starting 11! :wink:

Sunderland want Connolly

This is our own fault. if micky hadn't of ran his mouth of saying we can compete with the best for transfers, then no-one would have known about the deal. Now i have a dreadfull feeling we've missed out.

Re: Sunderland want Connolly

bobby said:
This is our own fault. if micky hadn't of ran his mouth of saying we can compete with the best for transfers, then no-one would have known about the deal. Now i have a dreadfull feeling we've missed out.
Sunderland were linked with him before us, this has nothing to do with us :cry:

bobby said:

Oh do grow up.

Sunderland were reportedly after Connolly last summer when he was at Wimbledon.

alex said:
bobby said:

Oh do grow up.

In the football world, we have to accept that player's agents will use an offer from one club as a means of attracting better deals from others -I suspected this would happen in this case -too big a gap in announcing a potential deal to contracting agreements. As they said in the Butler report -no individual's fault!

Let's hope he doesn't fancy Sunderland - but I'll be surprised if he comes to us.

webmaster said:
Connolly was training wih West Ham this morning, so it doesn't look like anything is imminent.

thats odd

Redditch Fox said:
alex said:
bobby said:

Oh do grow up.

In the football world, we have to accept that player's agents will use an offer from one club as a means of attracting better deals from others -I suspected this would happen in this case -too big a gap in announcing a potential deal to contracting agreements. As they said in the Butler report -no individual's fault!

Let's hope he doesn't fancy Sunderland - but I'll be surprised if he comes to us.

One of the reports says that Sunderland made their offer to West Ham while Connolly was having his medical at Leicester!! Why leave it that late - fukcing to$$ers :evil:

Babylon said:
webmaster said:
Connolly was training wih West Ham this morning, so it doesn't look like anything is imminent.

thats odd

Not really. The club has agreed to fees from both Leicester and Sunderland.
All the power has been handed over to the player. His agent will now simply try and play one club of against the other to get the best deal.

If the player has no preferences it could become an auction which we will unfortunately duck out off no doubt!
Micky doesnt strike me as a manager who likes being held to ransom no matter who the player is.

Lets hope the player chooses LCFC as his preference.

Players always seem impressed with micky so hopefully we stand a good chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757