Super Franky Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

Frank Sinclair had no axe to grind after being released by Leicester City.

The 32-year-old out-of-contract defender was informed of the club's decision by manager Micky Adams yesterday, bringing the curtain down on a six-year association at Leicester.

His 194th and final game in a City shirt came on Saturday at Highbury when he provided the cross for Paul Dickov's first-half goal.

Speaking as he left the City training ground, Sinclair said: "The club's decision didn't really come as a surprise if I'm honest.

"The money situation here has been well-documented and I was one of the highest earners so it was always going to be difficult for them to offer me a new contract."

Sinclair became the club's record signing in the summer of 1998 when Martin O'Neill snapped him up from Chelsea for £2.5million.

In February 2000, on his fourth trip to Wembley, and first with Leicester, Sinclair added a Worthington Cup medal to his trophy cabinet and was voted Player of the Year by his team-mates in 2001-02.

He helped City bounce back to the top-flight last term but saw what proved to be his final season hampered by an Achilles injury and the La Manga ordeal.

"It has been an unfortunate season to end on but five-and-a half of my six years here have been superb," said Sinclair.

"I've really enjoyed playing under all the managers here.

"The fans have been superb to me and I will go away with some fine memories."

Sinclair was also quick to praise Adams, who admitted it was a tough decision to let him go.

"I've always had a great relationship with the manager and I wish him all the best," Sinclair said. "He has always been good and honest to me and that's all you can ask for as a footballer.

"I am sure Leicester will go from strength to strength and I hope they can come back up to the Premiership next season.

"I'll always hold the club close to my heart."

Bless him, what a thoroughly nice thing for him to say. All the best Frank, thanks for the memories. Some have been wild, some have been great but all in all you've given us 110% every game and i'll never forget that.

All togther now

SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER FRANKY SINCLAIR

Bye Frank, I'm not too sad that you have gone but cheers for all the hard work, whatever that was.

alex said:
Te rah Franky duck, thanks for all the memories....you shall be missed.

The words that will surround Frank in relation to his LCFC career will be Missed, Own Goal, Liability, Humour

good old Frank the plank, where would we be without him?

apart from the prem, obviously

He's has been a good player for us, but eventually injuries and poor form have made him a shadow of himself.

I think he will be best remebered for his gaffs than his all round performances. Which is a shame really because he was an integral part of our success in the Premiership under MON.

I'm not surprised or upset he has been released - He has had a good innings with us, and now it is time to move on. Although, it is nice that he has left the club not bitter about it.

Frank's Top Man :) Sad to see him go but great to see him not holding any grudges

SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER SUPER FRANK, SUPER FRANKY SINCLAIR

6 years! bloody hell!
bye mad boy! don't go on holiday to spain again you tart...

He shoud of got another intract just for that run aginst Arsenal!

always liked him even when he was at his worst i know he was a liability at times but i would liked to have seen him next season he always gave 110%

Bit of a shame, I'll miss mad Frank, he never gave less than 110% and although he's probably past his best he could have done a job for us in the 1st Division.

All the best Frank.

Frank has been quality and if he would have took a wage drop, I wopuld of loved to have seen him at us for another year or so!!!

Just because I have a better relationship with Frank than you :D :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758