Sweets from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sell most of that Top 20 in the Newsagent over the road from here

I used to love them there Wispa bars

I wish they still sold them...........

Tell me it isn't so.......(from a Quarter of)

whatever happened to texan bars?Remember the advert on TV? A Clint Eastwood style cowboy in a spot of bother, captured by some sombrero wearing outlaws. One asks the cowboy, "A last request gringo?"
The cowboy asks for a Texan bar. He chews on it laconically (love that word!) and it takes him so long to eat it that the baddies fall asleep and he escapes!
texan2_sidebar.jpg
"Texan... sure is a mighty chew."
Texans made a very brief, limited edition re-appearance in 2005 but we fear they have now gone for good.

Not such a bad thing really :102:

Today's kids would rather eat an apple, or so I'm told :icon_roll

my lads and thier friends seem to do the opposite...... sweets before an apple

Last edited:
my lads and thier friends seem to do the opposite......
Same with my youngest.

However, my local primary school doesn't allow sweets on the premises and the kids can't take sweets in when it's their birthday any more.

Like I said, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, just another tradition that's gone.

Same with my youngest.

However, my local primary school doesn't allow sweets on the premises and the kids can't take sweets in when it's their birthday any more.

Like I said, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, just another tradition that's gone.

I know, these schools should just concentrate on teaching rather than banning what the pupils they can and cannot eat. They shouldn't teach religion then, look how good thats is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46