T-T-T-Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I’m a big follower of the game but I really enjoyed that. Well done Tigers.

Great watch. The last minute drop goal to win it was epic. Boggles my mind how any Leicester fan wouldn't want a Tigers win here. Fair enough if you don't follow Rugby but to actively not want them to win? More silverware on the way to Leicestershire. Foxes, Tigers and Riders smashing it....

Well deserved. Still find it slightly irksome how the table toppers still have to win a play off round to get the title but I guess that would have deprived us and the neutral of some top notch entertainment today.

Great watch. The last minute drop goal to win it was epic. Boggles my mind how any Leicester fan wouldn't want a Tigers win here. Fair enough if you don't follow Rugby but to actively not want them to win? More silverware on the way to Leicestershire. Foxes, Tigers and Riders smashing it...
Rugby just feels culturally alien to me. I can probably name the people I've known well who are rugby fans on one hand.

Boggles my mind how any Leicester fan wouldn't want a Tigers win here.

Rugby is a terrible sport in every way. Tigers fans are awful Range Rover driving, flask carrying wankers.

I've never understood the 'support Leicester in everything' mantra. I don't. I couldn't give a shit whether we win at fecking Basketball or whatever. I don't even give a toss about Leicester City women.

For many, many years City and Tigers were allowed to play at the same time at home. When the City score was read out at Welford Road, if we were losing, there would be a loud cheer and a chuckle. That's Tigers fans for you. And I wouldn't want it any other way either.

There is nothing stranger than a loony that goes to Welford Road one week and the KP the next. Should be locked up that lot. You can support City and the cricket if you have to. Absolutely not rugger though.

I think I'd rather my daughter married a Notts Forest fan than a Tigers one. And that's saying something.

Rugby is a terrible sport in every way. Tigers fans are awful Range Rover driving, flask carrying wankers.

I've never understood the 'support Leicester in everything' mantra. I don't. I couldn't give a shit whether we win at fecking Basketball or whatever. I don't even give a toss about Leicester City women.

For many, many years City and Tigers were allowed to play at the same time at home. When the City score was read out at Welford Road, if we were losing, there would be a loud cheer and a chuckle. That's Tigers fans for you. And I wouldn't want it any other way either.

There is nothing stranger than a loony that goes to Welford Road one week and the KP the next. Should be locked up that lot. You can support City and the cricket if you have to. Absolutely not rugger though.

I think I'd rather my daughter married a Notts Forest fan than a Tigers one. And that's saying something.
You ok hunny bunny?

Boo hoo hoo.

I have lots of Tigers supporting friends and have also been to a fair few of their games. I also work with the club and there’s many fantastic people who work there.

I’ll celebrate their success, even if some can’t.

Two wonderful play off victories with late (drop) goals after games defending the line with full concentration, bodies on the line and absolute all for one and one for all defending.

What a strange game. Congratulaions Leicester FC!

I support all Leicester sports teams, Rugby, Cricket, basketball etc. I might not have interest in games but it's always nice to see a team from Leicester doing well.
My brother in law and his family are all Saints fans with season tickets so it was especially nice that Leicester beat them in the semis.

No stereotyping going on there then, no, not a jot.

The same ridiculous statement that suggests all football fans are factory working meat heads whose knuckles drag along the floor as they walk. They look forward to a punch-up as much as the game itsealf.

I’m really not interested in the rugger but a lot of my wife’s family are and I’m well chuffed for them. Not a Rangey between them either.

I'm a football fan first and foremost as I find it to be the most entertaining sport. But in general, I take an interest in most sports, tennis, football, rugby, snooker. Often it's the Leicester connection that peaks my interest outside of football as is the case with Tigers, Mark Selby etc.

I'm from Leicester and proud and like to see the city doing well in all it's sports.

I never went to Welford Road during the time period you refer to so can't say whether it's made up horse shit or truthful in anyway but we are in a different age now. You see the cross-sport support from our sides on social media and it's proof that lcfc is not just a community focused club but also proof it's a real community feel about the city in general.

Your take on Rugby fans is basically the most ridiculous take I've ever heard, basically slating them for being 'normies'. This as opposed to the yob driven culture football is more famous for? Grow a brain cell like....

I'm a football fan first and foremost as I find it to be the most entertaining sport. But in general, I take an interest in most sports, tennis, football, rugby, snooker. Often it's the Leicester connection that peaks my interest outside of football as is the case with Tigers, Mark Selby etc.

I'm from Leicester and proud and like to see the city doing well in all it's sports.

I never went to Welford Road during the time period you refer to so can't say whether it's made up horse shit or truthful in anyway but we are in a different age now. You see the cross-sport support from our sides on social media and it's proof that lcfc is not just a community focused club but also proof it's a real community feel about the city in general.

Your take on Rugby fans is basically the most ridiculous take I've ever heard, basically slating them for being 'normies'. This as opposed to the yob driven culture football is more famous for? Grow a brain cell like....

Roughly speaking, crowds at Welford Road were always a fraction of those at Filbert Street, except for the annual visits of the Barbarians on Boxing Day and whichever international team was touring. Tigers gradually built up a professional club structure from the late 1970s which led to their preeminence in the game for roughly 25 years straddling the abolition of shamateurism in the game in 1995, those years of course coinciding with the general crapness of City and Tigers' regular trophy wins and the limited capacity at Filbert Street led to the crowds for both clubs being roughly equal at around 20k, at which point the plods realised slowly that there was a public safety issue and the current policy of avoiding clashes took shape.

I regularly went to Welford Road on City away days, the stiffs at Filbert Street weren't a hot ticket before the days of FNF, Guy Branston and the Foxy Ladies. I even went with a Forest supporting mate to stand in the Trent End quite a few times - never dared wear my blue scarf though he happily wore his red and white one in the Kop - presumably it was assumed to be a trophy of war.

Sadly, from my experience, this bone-headed exceptionalism is almost entirely one way, on the whole rugby fans being sympathetic to City's many travails and happy at our very occasional successes. The boot's been on the other foot for the last few year but may be reverting to its historic norm with yesterday's triumph, as it's a well known fact that the two teams never win at the same time.

The whole hating rugby thing is a bit strange, I gave up my ambitions at 18 having failed at my trials with St Helens after playing county union for Gwent and Warwickshire (league was the only pro option at the time) I played a bit of local league football after that.

Well I went and it was bloody brilliant.

And no I don’t drive a Range Rover. And no I don’t want BN as my father in my law, so it’s all good.

Looks like Steve Borthwick will be heading off to the England job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757