T20 Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why the English teams have to qualify and not go straight into the main competition? I could understand if the team finishing second did but not the winners.

I understand Razzaq will be applying for a visa to be able to play (which is not a given due to Indian / Pakistan relations).

Anyone know if Mcdonald will be playing for us as he is due to finish at Leics at the end of the domestic season?

Also will Henderson be playing for us? I believe his 'home' South African team won their T20 competition and I guess that will mean they will also be appearing at the Champions League.

I understand Razzaq will be applying for a visa to be able to play (which is not a given due to Indian / Pakistan relations).

Anyone know if Mcdonald will be playing for us as he is due to finish at Leics at the end of the domestic season?

Also will Henderson be playing for us? I believe his 'home' South African team won their T20 competition and I guess that will mean they will also be appearing at the Champions League.

There is an article about some of this in the Mercury. On Twitter McDonald was suggesting he would play but the Mercury suggesting he needs permission from Victoria. Doesn't mentioned Claude's dilemma but I suspect he'll be Leics if fit.

Might be on ITV4 for the main stages I suppose.

Any idea why the English teams have to qualify and not go straight into the main competition? I could understand if the team finishing second did but not the winners.

Some BCCI/IPL politicking I think. The ECB have hardly given it full commitment in the past

Last edited:
Leics are now in India. Worth following the team on Twitter for regular updates.

A bit about who we're up against http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2011/content/current/story/532798.html

I think Ruhuna will be difficult on the subcontinent, more use to these kind of pitches. So I think the game against T&T will be a must win game.

Cricinfo also suggests our squad is as below, so I think Big Mac and Razzaq have both got clearance.
Hoggard, Razzaq, Boyce, Buck, Cobb, DuToit, Gurney, Henderson, Jefferson, McDonald, Naik, Nixon, Smith, Taylor, White.

Got Sky about six weeks, Eurosport isn't included in our package...I thought it was standard, am I right or wrong?

You need Entertainment Extra; it's part of the News and Events pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669