Talking Balls 5-A-Side F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
It appears next season we will be in a six-team 'Blue Square Conference'. The team we played last night have been automatically pushed to the 'Championship'.

And next week we play Hoodpark at 10pm. Brilliant. I have to be up at 6 next morning to go Devon. But atm, there will be no game when I am away but we all know that could be a load of crap.

Last edited:
I suppose in that sense we're lucky. Second game against no-one currently. Fingers crossed it works in our favour. There's divisions with 7 teams except two and then ours with 6. They have promoted the champions of our division into the Championship, second place into League One (who are worth it IMO) and the third place team into the division above us.

Has this team died?

Shall I get rid of the sub-forum?

Edit: this is supposed to be at the end but I am typing on my phone. See everyone in the annual forum varsity match. Expect a roll of honour soon of players.

I stopped using it as only three posters who always played for us use the forum.

However, you've slightly prompted something I was going post this week in that the team finished as of last week with an eye to restarting in the summer if interest is there.

Steve, Beighton's Dad and our keeper has called time on his career as his knees have begun to go, alongside Beighton and his other family member who play for us have babies on the way, pds is our Tunchev, Drew is going in between the US and here all the time, George a friend of my brothers is suffering from a long term ankle injury. To top it off, I need all the free time I can get in the week due to Uni work. The costs are too high aswell.

It's been a pleasure to meet so many posters off here through it. Had some great memories and laughs; from the first hammering to the first win to the first punch-up to the very cold past two winters as if we were playing in Russia and recent incredible comeback from 9-4 down against an Adel Taarbt inspired team.

The transformation in myself during the 3 and half years is more than evident. I was an indecisive fatty who was Rob Kelly-esque, to quote my Dad now I am a tin ribs who doesnt like listening. We had the odd dispute and misunderstanding but never did it lead to raised voices. I can honestly say I don't have anything bad to say to anyone who turned out for us.

Sorry to hear that Hazzer.

I would echo your sentiments with regard to the people ive met thorugh playing as part of the team (and also about how cold one of those winters were).

Met some great lads and got some good memories (including Melts getting into one of the best fights Ive ever seen on a footie pitch and me playing on the day my baby was due!)

The 35 minute journey never seemed like a chore as I genuinely enjoyed it, win, lose or draw ( I espcially enjoyed kicning stringer when i got a chance!)

thanks for everything you did with it Hazzer I know from personal experience that these things are not easy to run and I for one appreciate everything you did!

Look forward to the inter forum match again this year, not long now till it comes up again!!

Edit: this is supposed to be at the end but I am typing on my phone. See everyone in the annual forum varsity match. Expect a roll of honour soon of players.

I stopped using it as only three posters who always played for us use the forum.

However, you've slightly prompted something I was going post this week in that the team finished as of last week with an eye to restarting in the summer if interest is there.

Steve, Beighton's Dad and our keeper has called time on his career as his knees have begun to go, alongside Beighton and his other family member who play for us have babies on the way, pds is our Tunchev, Drew is going in between the US and here all the time, George a friend of my brothers is suffering from a long term ankle injury. To top it off, I need all the free time I can get in the week due to Uni work. The costs are too high aswell.

It's been a pleasure to meet so many posters off here through it. Had some great memories and laughs; from the first hammering to the first win to the first punch-up to the very cold past two winters as if we were playing in Russia and recent incredible comeback from 9-4 down against an Adel Taarbt inspired team.

The transformation in myself during the 3 and half years is more than evident. I was an indecisive fatty who was Rob Kelly-esque, to quote my Dad now I am a tin ribs who doesnt like listening. We had the odd dispute and misunderstanding but never did it lead to raised voices. I can honestly say I don't have anything bad to say to anyone who turned out for us.

Hear hear H, good times.

Made all the more memorable for me by the last second equaliser (was a draw, wasn't it? or am i thinking of a different game?).

Don't forget TBFC 2 in your roll of honour :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758