Team Vs Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

What team would you like to see selected against Blackpool in the cup on Tuesday night, I would like to see a mixture of first team and maybe a couple of youngsters to be given a chance, also it would be an opportunity to rest some players. My team would be as follows :

Henderson

Stearman
McCarthy
Johannson
Sheehan / Gilbert

Porter
Kisnorbo
Williams
Hamill

De Vries
Hammond

Subs
Douglas
Dublin
Wilcox
Gudjonsson
Dodds

I dont think he will blood any youngsters. We need to try to use this game to kick on and get a bit of a run started and I cant see Levein taking the risk and resting anyone other than Dublin and one of williams or hughes being on the bench to rest them with the fitest of the two playing.

I also think Wilcox will come into the equation.

I think the team should/will be:

Douglas
Maybury
McCarthy
Johannson
Gilbert

Sylla
Gudjonsson
Williams or Hughes
Wilcox

De Vries
Hammond

Henderson
Dublin
Hamill
Stearman
Williams or Hughes

I can't see us making too many changes because Levein won't want to risk losing, and I think we need to try and settle the team a bit. However I think it gives us a chance to try 1 or 2 things. For example, Tiatto should be fit for this game, so I think this would be a good chance to put him in at LB and see how he gets on.

I'd go for:

Douglas
Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Tiatto/Sheehan
Sylla, Williams, Kisnorbo, Hammill
De Vries, Hammond

Subs:
Henderson
Stearman
Dublin
Hughes
Dodds (or another reserves/academy striker)

CL won't blood any youngsters, he will field the strongest side he can. ;)

Steven said:
CL won't blood any youngsters, he will field the strongest side he can. ;)

I think there is a realistic chance of seeing an academy/reserves striker on the bench though, as with Hume cup tied, we've only got Dublin to go on the bench, and he might be needed in defence.

................Douglas

.................Dublin
........McCarthy.....Nils
Maybury......Joey.....Sheehan
.........Williams...Hughes
........Hammond....De Vries

Brauny Blue said:
What is our lowest crowd at the Walkers? I feel that a new figure will be set after this game.:icon_sad:
Preston, league cup last year?

SamuearlJackson said:
................Douglas

.................Dublin
........McCarthy.....Nils
Maybury......Joey.....Sheehan
.........Williams...Hughes
........Hammond....De Vries

It is a lovely side but one we are not likely to see under CL. ;)

I think it will be something like
Douglas
Maybury
McCarthy
Johannsson
Gilbert
Sylla
Williams
Kisnorbo
Wilcox
Hammond
MDV

Subs
Henderson
Stearman
Hammill
Dublin
Gudjonnson

Not my choice but I don't envisage anything radical.Hughes will be rested I think and Dublin only used if necessary.

I reckon it will be:-

-----------Douglas
Maybury McCarthy Johansson Sheehan
Sylla Kisnorbo Williams Hamill
MDV Elvis(a yougster Hopefully that Chambers lad).

Thats the team i would like to see on tuesday night. Rests Joey, Hughes and Dublin and gives a couple of the emerging yougsters a chance whilst still making sure the players that need the match practice get a run out.

Dont wnat to give them too much of a chance. Potential banana skin this one.

---------------Douglas-------------
Maybury-Johansson-McCarthy-Gilbert
---Sylla-Kisnorbo-Williams-Hammill---
------------De Vries-Elvis-----------

Henderson
Stearman
Dublin
Hughes
Joey

I'd be surprised, and rather dismayed, if we go into this game with both Joey and Kisnorbo in midfield. Surely we will be a bit more positive.

My money's on Kisnorbo continuing "to gain fitness" and Joey "rested". I suspect we'll then see Joey lose his regular place. Shame, as he seems to be playing well at the moment. But on the other hand, this is probably as good as it gets with him, so :102: sorry Joey.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~715555,00.html

Williams, Tiatto, Hughes, Dublin all join Wesoloski, Gerrbrand and obviously Lee Morris on the injured list, and as we know, Hume is cup tied.

So it looks like we will have to make do with Kisnorbo and Joey as the central midfield pair.

Tiatto, Hughes and Dublin will (or should) all be fit for Saturday.

However, that means we are very thin for the cup game. With Dublin injured and Hume cup tied, we've only got De Vries and Hammond. The only strikers we've got to go on the bench are reserves/academy ones, so it will be a good oppurtunity for them if they can get on. Wonder who will get the nod?

Surely the midfield will be Sylla, Kisnorbo, Joey, Hammill/Wilcox? Unless he changes the formation. But we've only got 2 first team forwards, so we can't go 4-3-3, and I can't see us playing 5-3-2 or something like at home!

Wow, according to the "other site", it seems we ARE going to have at least one academy player on the bench tomorrow. According to 2 people, our young Ashley Chambers is going to be on the bench tomorrow night!! The source? Himself apparently. lol, apparently the poster had spoken to him at school today and Chambers said he'll be on the bench.

Sounds funny, someone at school telling how they're going to be playing for City tomorrow ;)

DurhamFox said:
I didn't think he was old enough?

I didn't either. I thought you had to be 16, and he's only 15 at the minute isn't he?. Apparently Tom Huddlestone made his debut for Derby at 15 though. Maybe it's different between the football league and Premiership? Or because it's a cup? I dunno.

You never know though, this could be a turning point for us. He could come on, score a couple of goals and then get picked a few times and fire us up the league ;)
15 maybe a bit too young for a regular first team spot though. If he comes on, would he be our youngest ever player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00