Thailand Schmailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX Franks

"The announcement of this one week tour of Thailand illustrates just how much the club has evolved in a short space of time."

I suppose that would depend on how you define 'evolved'

Does anyone really think this trip is worthwhile?

It's a trip that will bring the players together and spur them on to many victories in the league. I'm unclear as to why anyone would think otherwise!!!

It'll be like a pre season friendly for the new manager (Sven hopefully). and it'll make a bit of money for the club.

As was mentioned, now it might be worthwhile. Helps sven get an idea of the team in a match that doesn't matter. Perhaps that was the idea all along

No. The money made when the big boys tour is via sponsorship. Sponsorship earned from mega tv deals. I suspect the attraction on this friendly to telly companies is their national team is playing. Merchandise? Yeh, maybe if the club started flogging fake shirts for a tenner.

Last edited:
Could be just what the team needs at the minute - it'll give Sven time to bond with the squad and start to get his tactics and style across to them, they've got a non-competitive match to try out players, formations, tactics etc and hopefully it'll also take their minds off the last few results (bar Scunthorpe, obviously).

Hopefully they'll get back refreshed, with a new outlook, a good idea of what Sven wants from them tactically and with maybe a few new loan recruits. Fingers crossed...

Enough to cover expenses?

It's hardly going to be a major attraction for the people of Thailand so gate receipts and TV money will be minimal.

I understood we are playing the Thai national team. Surely the people of Thailand will watch that?

I understood we are playing the Thai national team. Surely the people of Thailand will watch that?

I'm sure the people of Thailand will watch it - but a match against Leicester is not going to be high profile enough to attract high TV fees or gate receipts, so if Leicester get a share it's not going to be much.

The match is about raising the profile of the club (and King Power and the owner) in Thailand rather than to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263