Thais are coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Okay, this will be shot down in flames. However, I'm not a rumour monger usually, so I think I'm allowed a punt once. Especially on a slow news day.

Heard from someone in the property trade in London who is working to get some Thai businessmen settled over here, that their primary purpose is to complete the takeover of Leicester City FC.

Yes, I know.

I got the call because he knows I'm a City fan. No interest in footy at all himself. Thought I'd be interested. No reason to think he's pulling my plonker. He knows nothing else as all he's doing is the property side.

Could be the greatest exclusive in history. Could be a shocker. Time will tell.

Re: Thai's are coming?

You're not renowned for rumour starting, so I'll give this some creedance for now.

Why would anyone with any sense want to buy us now?

Wouldn't be suprised if Meelan is looking to sell though... especially if he's off to prison.

Ten dollar ?

Me love you long time

This won't happen,how do I know ? Cos i am always right.........

Wouldn't surprise me if Milan was looking to sell, what with his ongoing problems and possible prison hanging over him, plus Milan is a passionate guy and perhaps seeing that the passion seems to have died amongst the current crop of mercinaries (sp) that we kindly refer to as footballers he could well have fallen out of love with the game and sees now as good a time to cut his losses or recoup his investment and get the hell out of it.

Would be people be happy to see the back of the mad old faaart or would there be genuine sadness to see him leave.

Personally I think he has played a massive part in what has been a truly disappointing and embarrasing season on and off the pitch and if this rumour has any substance and they can offer financial assistance and provide some much needed stability then it could well be the best move for all parties.

Wouldn't surprise me if Milan was looking to sell, what with his ongoing problems and possible prison hanging over him, plus Milan is a passionate guy and perhaps seeing that the passion seems to have died amongst the current crop of mercinaries (sp) that we kindly refer to as footballers he could well have fallen out of love with the game and sees now as good a time to cut his losses or recoup his investment and get the hell out of it.

Would be people be happy to see the back of the mad old faaart or would there be genuine sadness to see him leave.

Personally I think he has played a massive part in what has been a truly disappointing and embarrasing season on and off the pitch and if this rumour has any substance and they can offer financial assistance and provide some much needed stability then it could well be the best move for all parties.

You say we need stability and now you want new owners ?:icon_conf

You say we need stability and now you want new owners ?:icon_conf

We do need stability, but in truth I am at my wits end as far as Milan is concerned, and if I am honest I believe he has caused more unrest and destabilised the club even more than it was prior to his takeover.

Look at the managerial situation since his takeover it has been nothing short of shambolic and now there appears real pressure and speculation over Holloway's position and IMO that has come from Mandaric or sources very close to him.

He has been here little over 12 months and Ollie is his longest serving manager and in truth are we in any better shape than we were when MM made his first appointment in Worthington when you look at the credentials and quality of our manager. But what MM has done is make this club a laughing stock and the job a poisoned chalice which must be becoming less and less attractive with each highly publicised and embarrasing departure.

They might be able to improve the scran at the ground, a 'fragrant Thai green chicken curry pie" or "Pad Thai" in a basket would make a change.

No Ladyboys serving tho'.:icon_eek:

I have the Coca Cola Christmas ad in my head everytime I see this thread title.

Irrelevant imo, the more important question would be who is buying the club from Milan and why? What are their plans and how much can they be trusted?

Last edited:

Irrelevant imo, the more important question would be who is buying the club from Milan and why? What are their plans and how much can they be trusted?

Good point

Last edited by a moderator:

Can the Thai's be trusted?

Knowing feck all about them, I'd say absolutely. I'd certainly trust anyone far more than Murky Milan anyway, so it's a step up.

What are their plans?

Best case scenario to pump in masses of cash and make us rich, rich, rich. Can't think of a worse case scenario that is actually worse than what MM is already doing. We sold our soul the day the club went into the hands of a businessman without any connection to Leicester. We are merely a plaything of the moderately wealthy now.

Can the Thai's be trusted?

Knowing feck all about them, I'd say absolutely. I'd certainly trust anyone far more than Murky Milan anyway, so it's a step up.

What are their plans?

Best case scenario to pump in masses of cash and make us rich, rich, rich. Can't think of a worse case scenario that is actually worse than what MM is already doing. We sold our soul the day the club went into the hands of a businessman without any connection to Leicester. We are merely a plaything of the moderately wealthy now.

To be honest had the previous regime overseen such a dismal season littered with disastrous decisions then they would have been hung, drawn and quartered.

Whilst MM certainly has provided buying power his constant interfering and rash decision making has meant we are in virtually the same position as we were last season, but with the added bonus of spending a fortune in the process and going through a glut of managers and turning the club into a laughing stock.

I have heard that Milan has received offers for the club, but has up to now turned them down.

Last edited:

some of the things said bout MM are unfair. He sacked kelly because he had his job for over a yr, he was doin shite, and it was not unexpected, because when a new owner comes in, there is often change of management. Worthington was only caretaker, he was not a permanent appointment,, and very much like other caretakers, he didn't get the permanent manager's job. Allen seemed to have some sort of fiasco surrounding his departure, and for whatever reason, he was sacked, we can guess why, but we can not fully be sure,he might've been sacked as a result of him doing something stupid himself, not because Milan was in a firing mood, or Milan had got fed up with him. Megson came in, and soon after, he went back out, through no fault of Milan's or LCFC, he was wanted by a Premiership club, albeit a small one with relegation looming, it was still a Premiership club. Holloway comes in, and Milan is supporting him at the moment, we shall wait and see what happens. IMO, he will stay until next season, and IF no progress has been made by November time, then i believe that he will be sacked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366