Thank you Andy King

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be the highest scoring midfielder for decades to come I’d expect

Very true. Can't see anyone staying long enough to catch him. It's a record that could stand for a very long time.

If we had a midfielder scoring 15 goals a season, we wouldn't be able to keep hold of them for 4 years.

My favourite all time player. Was inevitable he'd be released but still gutting now it's been confirmed.

He was there when we were shit....as the song goes. Mental to think a player in the squad that got relegated from the championship would go on to win the Prem. At one point he was regularly linked with Villa.....imagine that ffs

I totally missed this thread.

Thanks so much to Andy King - a Leicester City legend.

I remember his first full season for us in League 1 when he was truly excellent and taking a photo with him when I saw him at Croques on Loseby Lane during that same season.

Since then he's been part of the greatest period in our history and been an excellent servant to our club.

Good luck Andy!

Apologies behind a paywall https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-partys-finally-over-as-andy-king-leaves-leicester-nbjr0ml8q

but here‘s some of it

His Leicester highlight? “Can I say the whole thing?” From playing at Hereford in League One to Atletico Madrid in a Champions League quarter-final, he loved it all. Unbeatable was scoring and being man of the match against Everton, the day Leicester received the Premier League trophy. After Andrea Bocelli sang, players sat with their families and friends in clusters on the pitch — like the best picnic ever — and he’ll never forget looking over at Jeff Schlupp. “Jeff was one of the lads in digs with me all those years before and to spend that day with people like that: you’ve seen what they had to go through as well, the injuries, the mental battle of everything and then sharing that high . . .
King played 379 times for Leicester, scoring 62 goals but last played for them in 2018. “The past couple of years have been difficult for sure,” he says. “Because I had something so good. I feel I’ve almost done it in reverse: you’re supposed to go to a few clubs when you’re young and then settle but I’ve done it the other way round.”

“But I feel if I sit down [with a manager] and say this happened and I want to achieve this, they might say, ‘Right, actually that’s quite good.’”

On holiday in the south of France, he’ll be watching Leicester v Manchester United. “I’m a Leicester fan, my wife’s a Leicester fan. I’ll be watching with her family, who’ll
be screaming at the TV like they always do.

“I’ll be hoping and praying Leicester qualify for the Champions League. I want that for the team, for the manager, for the fans, for Jon Rudkin [the director of football who signed King].”

“I want it for Top [owner, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, son of the late Vichai]. I know they really want to win something or get into the top four for Top, and that he wants to do it for his father. He has put so much into the club and deserves it.”

And King wants it for others. For Gaz the chef, Dilly and Sheila the old laundry ladies, Debs and Rach in the office, Macca the kit man, Dave Rennie the physio, and all the others who were dear to him on his journey. “There are too many to name.”

What a hero! Been through it all with this football club.

Hopefully we get to see him back at the KP again.

I'm glad they've said they're arranging a testimonial once covid is gone.

Unfortunately King has often looked a bit out of his depth at the top level so not sure he's quite deserving of legend status like Vardy and Walsh but winning the three titles is one for the history books he can be proud of and you can't knock his loyalty which is a rare thing in this day if the game. I expect we'll have not heard the last of his name even after he hangs up his boots...

Unfortunately King has often looked a bit out of his depth at the top level so not sure he's quite deserving of legend status like Vardy and Walsh but winning the three titles is one for the history books he can be proud of and you can't knock his loyalty which is a rare thing in this day if the game. I expect we'll have not heard the last of his name even after he hangs up his boots...
He definitely deserves legend status to me.

Longevity at our club has not always equated to excellence though. I give you Conrad Logan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757