Thanks Claudio but cheerio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

He needs to go. We are utterly awful at the moment and he is lost.

I want him gone.
I also couldn't find the thread.
I'm hiding behind my computer.

It doesn't make sense though does it?

Unless the players are deliberately not playing for him and want him out, which the owners would know about as they're close to many of the players, removing Ranieri would just create more uncertainty.

Ranieri needs to stop apologising for his players and making out that they're doing well when they're not. He also needs to ignore the very strong characters in the dressing room and pick the team and tactical approach based on his judgement. That's exactly what he did last season and I'm not convinced he is doing that this time round.

They also need to have a really serious shouting match among themselves and clear whatever is wrong in their heads. If this bunch win the Premier League and then get relegated the next season, everything they achieved would be ruined for them (not for supporters, just the players). They'd be remembered not so much for last season, but for what happened next.

Ultimately, Ranieri has trusted and backed his players constantly this season and they have let him down time and again. Changing the manager is the last thing I'd do right now.

Yep, for me he's got to go now. As clueless as the team in how to go about turning this shambles around. Continuously making baffling selection changes and constantly changing formation changes almost as if he's intent on doing everything the exact opposite last season. The thing is, who is available that would be an improvement right now?

Ranieri has master minded the greatest achievement in the club's history..

It will be interesting to hear his post match comments about today. That was the worst performance yet. Will we get another 'we played well' bullshit speech?

I will always love Claudio for what he has achieved with us but for his own sake I hope he is relieved of his duties that allows him to walk away with dignity, but a change has to be made, this is not a blip, the majority of this season has seen performances like this, we need a strong leader to come in and a kick a few egos all over the dressing room.

Jeff made an interesting suggestion in the match thread - Claudio to get a new position within the club as DoF or similar, allowing him to avoid the sack while we can still benefit from the presumed positive effects of a managerial change.

That being said, though, I agree with BN.

If he goes, I hope it is by his own choice and maybe to somewhere behind the scenes at the club

Jeff made an interesting suggestion in the match thread - Claudio to get a new position within the club as DoF or similar, allowing him to avoid the sack while we can still benefit from the presumed positive effects of a managerial change.

That being said, though, I agree with BN.
Beat me to it and with better wording

OK, so if we do jettison Claudio, who do you realistically think would take over and do all the ego kicking being talked about and be better than what we've got?

His post match interview sums it up for me again, he has taken the blame yet again and says he shouldn't move away from last seasons formation, yet we have tried this for best part of this season and it has been poor as well. The players seem to be ruling him.

It doesn't make sense though does it?

Unless the players are deliberately not playing for him and want him out, which the owners would know about as they're close to many of the players, removing Ranieri would just create more uncertainty.

Ranieri needs to stop apologising for his players and making out that they're doing well when they're not. He also needs to ignore the very strong characters in the dressing room and pick the team and tactical approach based on his judgement. That's exactly what he did last season and I'm not convinced he is doing that this time round.

They also need to have a really serious shouting match among themselves and clear whatever is wrong in their heads. If this bunch win the Premier League and then get relegated the next season, everything they achieved would be ruined for them (not for supporters, just the players). They'd be remembered not so much for last season, but for what happened next.

Ultimately, Ranieri has trusted and backed his players constantly this season and they have let him down time and again. Changing the manager is the last thing I'd do right now.
This sums it up perfectly for me. An excellent post. There is hardly a plethora of wonderful, jobless managers to choose from is there? Who'd want the job except a manager who can't get a gig elsewhere?

We're in a relegation battle. So what?! In ordinary circumstances this is a position we'd be happy to be in. Last season was unbelievable - something that should never have happened and will probably never happen again (at least not in my lifetime). We are probably about where we should be and above where most of us are used to being.

I agree we have to battle - and that wasn't evident today and the manager will have to address that. But why are people assuming that Claudio is any worse at doing that than someone else will be? I'm confident we'll stay up and frankly I don't think changing the manager would make a blind bit of difference. Last season has made the city managers job an almost impossible task for anyone - including Claudio.

But like it's so often said - it's a game of opinions and whatever will be will be. I'm genuinely still enjoying the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757