That there modern music doesn't have a proper tune in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missus listens to that there Radio 1. What a load of shite. Lewis Capaldi? ****s all that about then?

Bring back the hairy cornflake

Music was proper then

The missus listens to that there Radio 1. What a load of shite. Lewis Capaldi? ****s all that about then?

Argh. It's the trend to sign a tune in a stupid voice as if you're straining for a massive dry shite.

Argh. It's the trend to sign a tune in a stupid voice as if you're straining for a massive dry shite.
Yep, can’t think of a better way of putting it than that. That ****ing ‘it isn’t in my blood’ song. It makes me grit my teeth, it sounds horrible.

Yep, can’t think of a better way of putting it than that. That ****ing ‘it isn’t in my blood’ song. It makes me grit my teeth, it sounds horrible.
How does it sound terrible, if the tune is being signed?

I remember when we had a music style revolution every 13 years, or something like that.

The current 'pop music' style with the dreadful plastic autotune has been going on for decades seemingly. I think pop music is actually dead.

I have the opinion that pop music began dying in the 1990s when more and more radio stations (in the UK) started playing one type of music. It sounds a great idea, you don't have to listen to stuff you don't like, but for music to develop and progres you HAVE to listen to a wide spectrum. There are people in their 20s that listen to the radio that don't know that many music styles exist.

British pop radio killed pop music.

I remember when we had a music style revolution every 13 years, or something like that.

The current 'pop music' style with the dreadful plastic autotune has been going on for decades seemingly. I think pop music is actually dead.

I have the opinion that pop music began dying in the 1990s when more and more radio stations (in the UK) started playing one type of music. It sounds a great idea, you don't have to listen to stuff you don't like, but for music to develop and progres you HAVE to listen to a wide spectrum. There are people in their 20s that listen to the radio that don't know that many music styles exist.

British pop radio killed pop music.
We listen to Radio 6 in our office, mostly because of the variety that’s on it. I don’t like everything they play, but I find myself hearing lots of stuff I don’t know but ultimately like.

We listen to Radio 6 in our office, mostly because of the variety that’s on it. I don’t like everything they play, but I find myself hearing lots of stuff I don’t know but ultimately like.

Where I work they have Radio X on in the daytime. I like 'indie music'. Great.
No No No.

It (daytime) is everything that is wrong (probably down to Global - the owners). They play Catfish, Noel Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Black Keys, Noel Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Blossoms, Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Gerry Cinnamon, Stone Roses..... All Day Long. Nothing else. The same songs. No (to me) bad tracks - they only play 'cool' tracks by 'cool' artists. Variety? Not Allowed. They have one single Indie Faves CD that they play on random. All day, every day.
Horrible horrible radio - killing music (oh, don't get me started on the presenters).

6Music is far better as they play (as you said PPF) diferent stuff. You need different stuff. Radio1 years ago would play all kinds of things. You would have Westlife followed by The Darkness. Radio1 now play The Top 40 - look at the variety in there! Aggggghhhhhh.

Why the feck would anyone listen to music on the radio in this day and age?

Put a playlist on in your office for fecks sake. Then you can listen to whatever you want. You lot live in the dark ages.

Why the feck would anyone listen to music on the radio in this day and age?

Put a playlist on in your office for fecks sake. Then you can listen to whatever you want. You lot live in the dark ages.
Because I want to listen to new stuff sometimes? It’s good to be “challenged”, occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263