The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

4E8B29EB-D46B-4B13-9051-A92673CB2927.jpeg

Just clicked on this expecting to see a heartwarming story about a young French footballer motivating a group of black and white birds.

BBC Sport really needs to get its act together with these confusing headlines.

View attachment 15952

Just clicked on this expecting to see a heartwarming story about a young French footballer motivating a group of black and white birds.

I'm now trying to think of a time I've heard Newcastle fans calling themselves magpies. Sunderland call them mags when being derogatory.....could be a Mackem.

Likewise, I don't think I've heard any of us call ourselves foxes. Blues, yes, foxes... dunno, maybe I have but not to my instant recollection.

French commentators love 'citizens' for Man City. It's like the clichéd dancing uncle at a wedding, just wrong.

Likewise, I don't think I've heard any of us call ourselves foxes. Blues, yes, foxes... dunno, maybe I have but not to recollection.
Presumably because we're all Filberts?

View attachment 15952

Why would you think that this was about football at all? I clicked expecting a story from the religious affairs correspondent about a latter day St Francis of Asissi performing miracles on three birds from towns in the North. I was thinking that the subs would be desperate for 16 more Acts so they could use that 'corvid 19' headline they'd saved up, but now I see it's just some silly men's football game I'm absolutely fuming.

. I was thinking that the subs would be desperate for 16 more Acts so they could use that 'corvid 19' headline
ffs!

Why would you think that this was about football at all? I clicked expecting a story from the religious affairs correspondent about a latter day St Francis of Asissi performing miracles on three birds from towns in the North. I was thinking that the subs would be desperate for 16 more Acts so they could use that 'corvid 19' headline they'd saved up, but now I see it's just some silly men's football game I'm absolutely fuming.
Gove says it like that. You'd think with 65 million people pronouncing it one way he'd consider that he might be wrong but nope.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463