The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

I watched some of the FC Dallas v Inter Miami game last night, there's some bloke wearing the number 10 shirt for the team from Florida who's not bad.
Yeah but this year we've got a winter game in Stoke..... ya' know what they say.

I do not know where to put this post, so here it goes. I always wondered why we did not sign Ivan Toney when he was at Peterborough. He scored 24 goals in the league from 32 matches and was playing next door. I watched him in his first start for England the other day and I thought that this is a guy who fits perfectly into an International team. I have just watched him against Manure and what a player. I know that in 2020, we had blind and blinder as our recruitment team, but he was playing next door. You can just get the bus to Peterborough and find an absolute gem.

I also predict that if Arsenal sign him this summer, they will win the league next season as he is exactly what they need. Fast, skilful and can create goals as well as score them. Just look at Brentford's equaliser. Why oh why?

I do not know where to put this post, so here it goes. I always wondered why we did not sign Ivan Toney when he was at Peterborough. He scored 24 goals in the league from 32 matches and was playing next door. I watched him in his first start for England the other day and I thought that this is a guy who fits perfectly into an International team. I have just watched him against Manure and what a player. I know that in 2020, we had blind and blinder as our recruitment team, but he was playing next door. You can just get the bus to Peterborough and find an absolute gem.
Brentford & Brighton employ the best data analysts in europe, with the most up to date contacts & networks in the game. Their recruitment & recouping of fees is second to none. Toney will probably leave in the summer ( Arsenal maybe ? ) & they'll make an immense profit on what they paid for him. Same as they did when they sold Watkins to Villa after picking him up from Exeter for the square root of **** all.

Meanwhile, our recruitment is conducted via a little black book & a copy of football manager 2018

Brentford & Brighton employ the best data analysts in europe, with the most up to date contacts & networks in the game. Their recruitment & recouping of fees is second to none. Toney will probably leave in the summer ( Arsenal maybe ? ) & they'll make an immense profit on what they paid for him. Same as they did when they sold Watkins to Villa after picking him up from Exeter for the square root of **** all.

Meanwhile, our recruitment is conducted via a little black book & a copy of football manager 2018
We will definitely need to be playing moneyball going forward.

We will definitely need to be playing moneyball going forward.
Completely. But it's an art form. You need the sort of people who generally don't work at football clubs. The sort who used to work for major bookmakers in the old days when odds compilers were actually a thing rather than just tracking the exchange prices.
These are the people employed by both Brentford & Brighton. Bloom & Benham both made their money as professional gamblers so it's second nature to them. If Rudkin & Whelan stay, no way do we get those sort of people recruited.

Corporate drones like Whelan don't have the imagination & Rudkin is a chancer. An executive level Mike Stowell.

Matty James....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463