The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Newcastle are wank and they are also hindered by the useless fat git that manages them.

St Max looks decent enough, hardly world beating though and we need to see how he comes back from the big C. Wilson is surely not up to our standard though

I'd go for Dzeko as our striker solution until Vardy is back and then sign someone more permanent in the summer.

You want us to sign Dzeko for 2 weeks?

I've admittedly not seen him in a while but thought he was still playing regularly at Roma.

Just searched and saw he might be available. Imagine his wages would be a stumbling block.

If he's still near the player he was at Man City he'd be a very good addition but I've not seen him play in quite some time. How has he been doing?

I cannot fathom how Dzeko is a Vardy replacement.

He's about as mobile as a lamppost

Agreed, polar opposites. Now if someone was suggesting we have Dzeko as the Slimani we all wanted... that is a different proposition

If Dzeko was availble for 6 months on loan that feels a sensible move. His goal ratio is pretty good in the Italian league - 7 in 15 - and it would genuinely give us another option of quality.

if you are looking for a like for like replacement you will never find one, all you need is someone that can play centre forward for us effectively

I never said he was a direct replacement. Just a good, experienced striker who happens to be available. He has great finishing, he's strong, he has good positioning too. I think he'd be good for us especially late on in some games and more importantly, in Europe.

Plus his style of play usually works well even when you're a little older. Not as a permanent solution but definitely will add plenty of depth and experience. I think he'd be really useful. Don't get me wrong though, he's no Brian Deane or Steve Howard and certainly not on the level or Mr. De Vries.

He scored 16 in 35 last season and is at 7 in 15 so far this season. I'd snap him up.

How dare you put De Vries in the same sentence as those two actual footballers
Brian especially was fantastic. Him & Dickov tore shit up. He was 33 when we signed him i think, similar age, height as Djeko, both good finishers. In fact if you look closely, I think they're the same person.

We're still being linked with Tarkowski for a move next summer. If we can hold on to all of our current defenders he would be a great addition.

We're still being linked with Tarkowski for a move next summer. If we can hold on to all of our current defenders he would be a great addition.
I agree - having Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu and Tarkowski would give us a very strong defence pairing in all scenarios. We're building a very strong team here!

I agree - having Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu and Tarkowski would give us a very strong defence pairing in all scenarios. We're building a very strong team here!

To me, these links are either rubbish from his agent or an indication that we expect Soyuncu to leave this summer.

Soyuncu never did sign the new contract that he was offered. He'll have two years left at the end of the season so we need to sell to maximise the transfer.

It makes you wonder - will we actually get to the point where we have such quality in depth that we can easily deal with selling a big name every summer? We have such good options for the fullback positions and with a few additions to the defence and midfield we'll be regularly challenging for the top four in my opinion. The only problem is our attacking options, but if Under keeps improving and we decide to keep him we'd be one transfer short of a pretty solid attack.

Watching the reading game - lovely, lovely piece of skill and finish by Joao of Reading. Don’t know much about it but very impressive stats too

this performance today is why I suggested Wilson, any attacking player will struggle under Steve Bruce, this was more like him at his best at Bournemouth, wouldn't be my first choice but would be a get able back up striker and a clear upgrade on Perez and Nacho

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854