The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Not “Just seen” but Dean Henderson as a future replacement for Kasper? Can’t see how Kasper can keep going for more than - what - 2 more years? 3? Seems unlikely and I’ve got no confidence in our backups...
He's reported to be on about £100k a week, as a back up goalkeeper. Let that sink in for a minute, as it's mental, really.

Not “Just seen” but Dean Henderson as a future replacement for Kasper? Can’t see how Kasper can keep going for more than - what - 2 more years? 3? Seems unlikely and I’ve got no confidence in our backups...

Well his Dad kept going until he was nearly 40, though he sort of retired (left Man U) at 36. I'd have thought improvements in nutrition and conditioning would add a couple of years to an injury-free top level footballer 20 years on, not sure about reaction times, though there's plenty of 'keepers, like Shilts (and Kevin Poole!) going way beyond 40.

Well his Dad kept going until he was nearly 40, though he sort of retired (left Man U) at 36. I'd have thought improvements in nutrition and conditioning would add a couple of years to an injury-free top level footballer 20 years on, not sure about reaction times, though there's plenty of 'keepers, like Shilts (and Kevin Poole!) going way beyond 40.
Shilton’s retired now, surely

I think Henderson will end up replacing DDG at Man Utd in the next season or two

we really should be looking to get Sima, looks a quality player already at just 19, him on our right wing would be a great addition

They want at least £50m for him and there will be bigger clubs than ours in the mix.

I know we’ve said this before but wouldn’t Barnes and McNeill of Burnley be a superb combination now and for the future. He looks very sparky.

I know we’ve said this before but wouldn’t Barnes and McNeill of Burnley be a superb combination now and for the future. He looks very sparky.
McNeill can have a storming game but it's not that often, he needs to improve his consistency before he gets into our starting 11.
He might end up another Josh Low..

McNeill can have a storming game but it's not that often, he needs to improve his consistency before he gets into our starting 11.
He might end up another Josh Low..
To be fair I think Messi would struggle to consistently showcase his attacking talent in that team.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854