The 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting hit by a bottle of brown sauce V's Newcastle during the 'Riot'. Some of the looks I got on the way home were priceless.

Spion Kop said:
Does anyone have any fond memories of the games from the 90’s ,bad or good? :?

my favourite memory has to be the cambridge play off game. one of the goals especially (i think it was simon grayson). top night

Rooster's late winner that night against Tranmere I think it was
Franz Carr dribbling the ball out the tunnel,round the car park,back through the tunnel and over hitting the cross
Brian Carey,truly awful defender
Getting walloped 5-1 at Cambridge,watching it in the Cambridge end with a crippling hangover
Brian Little-still got a lot of time for him.

Nottm Fox said:
Spion Kop said:
Does anyone have any fond memories of the games from the 90’s ,bad or good? :?

my favourite memory has to be the cambridge play off game. one of the goals especially (i think it was simon grayson). top night

Grayson didn't score that night....Tommy Wright got 2, Steve Thompson, Rooster Russell and Ormandroyd all got 1. :D cracking match

Rooster's late winner that night against Tranmere I think it was

My first ever match :D

also...

winning 3-0 at watford, ormondroyd scored and did this hilarious falling over celebration

muzzy's goal against spurs in the cup in front of the kop

going absolutely ape when claridge 'shinned it' against palace

o'neill's rants and celebrations, he was class in the tv interview after the chelsea game away in the cup when their ginger defender dived for the penalty.

heskey and collymore against sunderland

watching lennon, savage and izzet run the top teams ragged

its all good being a city fan............(if only!)

re: grayson goal, it was the thompson one i was thinking about, i think grayson ran past a couple of defenders, it bounced off the keeper and thompson scored????????. top top game

Arsenal match at filbert street bergkamp's hat trick and then walsh scored to make it three all-class. Does anyone else remeber all the cars honking there horns and people singing in the street like we'd won the league :D

drummindefender said:
Arsenal match at filbert street bergkamp's hat trick and then walsh scored to make it three all-class. Does anyone else remeber all the cars honking there horns and people singing in the street like we'd won the league :D

and then walshie kicking off with ian wright after the match

Nottm Fox said:
re: grayson goal, it was the thompson one i was thinking about, i think grayson ran past a couple of defenders, it bounced off the keeper and thompson scored????????. top top game

aye, twas the run of Simon Grayson's life!

I'll go back a few more years!:

Andy Peakes wonder goals v Watford and Liverpool.

Ian Wilsons wonder own goal v Liverpool.

Mark Bright scoring 2 in the first game of the season against Lineker's everton.

beating Man Utd 1-0 i think with Rob Kelly scoring a cracker.

Beating Sheff Wed 6-1 and Steve moran getting a hattrick.

First season in Div 2 and winning home games back to back 4-0 and 4-1, everyone expecting us to go straight back up with Walshie, Jari Rantenen, Mick Newell, McAllister and Ian Wilson the main players. Unfortunately Wilson was sold to Everton and the wheels fell off quickly.

and then walshie kicking off with ian wright after the match

You could clearly lip read on TV afterwards Walshie asking Wrighty "Do you want some? Eh?" :twisted: Priceless! Got stuck in Southgate's Underpass afterwards and leant on the horn for 10 minutes.

How about Steve Thompson's goal at Wembley against Swindon in the ultimate (and ultimately unsuccessful :oops: ) comeback. One of the coolest finishes under pressure you'll ever see from a very classy performer at 1st div level. And Joachim's gay little skip of joy afterwards....

Claridge's shinned winner has to be the most I've celebrated though. That and the final whistle at Hillsborough.... "oh my god, we've WON A TROPHY!!!"... oh, happy days... :D :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757