The Academy Lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

With the squad we currently have, whether Micky Adams likes it or not there will be a huge part to play in the coming season for some of the academy lads. With the piss poor squad we have, this could be the time to see whats our youngsters are made of. Personally, this isn't the way I wanted to see things, I wanted them to be developed alongside a steady and strong squad but Adams possibly would never do that as he's too cautious, but he won't have any choice now. Do you think it is the right time to draft 4 or 5 kids in to the first team? Now or never in my opinion, whilst Adams hands are tied.

Petrescu
O'Grady
Wesolowski
Stearman
Dodds

We have nowhere else to run to Malf. :? :? :?

Steven said:

I think we are in the same position as Derby last season, there's no way we can get promoted with these kids alone but we may well be able to unearth one or two cracking players and then hopefully get our fingers out and sign some players to help.

Malf said:
Steven said:

I think we are in the same position as Derby last season, there's no way we can get promoted with these kids alone but we may well be able to unearth one or two cracking players and then hopefully get our fingers out and sign some players to help.

Derby were not in the position to get players like Dublin and Williams though. We don't know who were going to get or when. Lets start worrying when it gets to two weeks before the season.

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!

Back to your orional point i think another 3 youngters in the squad would be enough, we already have stuart, heath and Wright. Add to that Canero and williams thats half a team under 23!!!!

Sounds like a plan to me, Malf - possibly the best we can hope for - unless MA pulls something naughty out the bag

Babylon said:
Malf said:
Steven said:

Derby were not in the position to get players like Dublin and Williams though. We don't know who were going to get or when. Lets start worrying when it gets to two weeks before the season.

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!

Back to your orional point i think another 3 youngters in the squad would be enough, we already have stuart, heath and Wright. Add to that Canero and williams thats half a team under 23!!!!

Yeah true, I mean in the squad. I don't expect or want loads of academy lads in the first team but we need to develop them and give them a taste to see if they have the minerals. Petrescu, Stearman and Wesolowski have got to get a game.

Malf said:
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Steven said:

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!

Yeah true, I mean in the squad. I don't expect or want loads of academy lads in the first team but we need to develop them and give them a taste to see if they have the minerals. Petrescu, Stearman and Wesolowski have got to get a game.

They will do... the bench next season will be sponsered by biactol!!!!

Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Steven said:

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!

They will do... the bench next season will be sponsered by biactol!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Petrescu said:
not a chance he'll more likely to play himself :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

It's allways the same bloody thing with you.

he must play our academy. Theres so great the best thihg to come out of it in the last 5 years couldn't even score regularly for a 2rd division side.

Who said he's the best thing? I'd really like to know.

You're jumping on the judging him on last seasons performances bandwagon. He wasnt happy. Micky lied to him. A loan for a month and then come back after the experience tommy, no make that 2, no make that a whole season.

Petrescu said:
Who said he's the best thing? I'd really like to know.

You're jumping on the judging him on last seasons performances bandwagon. He wasnt happy. Micky lied to him. A loan for a month and then come back after the experience tommy, no make that 2, no make that a whole season.

the season coming up we will see the best of tommy

he did score 2 goals in 2 starts in the promotion season.

i h8 it when ppl turn agaisnt a plyer when he has hardly been given a chance

like wright and morris and mcateer as well

I dont give a shit who plays, if they can do they fecking job then thats brilliant! Stop with the moaning people!!

plus we have a very good acadamy, my age went the last 10 games unbeaten, under 17s got to the semi finals and i alot of the 19s broke through to reserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757