The big question is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

who will take wickets for Leics now that Broady is on England duty? Griffith has gone home (source) and so ends one of the most uninspriring overseas spells of recent years.

Liddle, Cummins, Masters, Naik - don't look like they're going to get 4-5 wickets in an innings. Expect to see Claude bowling 60 over spells a lot from now to the end of the season!

Looking into my crystal ball I can see bowling figures like this...

Liddle 13 - 1 - 60 - 1
Masters 35 - 12 - 70 - 1
Cummins 14 - 0 - 70 -1
Maunders 2 - 0 - 18 - 0
Maddy 1 - 0 - 10 - 0
Henderson 65 - 10 - 200 - 5
Naik 8 - 0 - 60 - 0

We'll probably get a run out as well but they'll eventually declare!

Hmm, looking at the squad I can't see us having too many options. I do like the 5 man attack and would persist with it, especially seeing as the batting has come together nicely recently. The question is, who to play?

The first thing I would do is to drop Naik, he hasn't done anything so far for the team and looking at his seconds performances I don't think he is up to the demands of first class cricket at this moment in time. Thats not to say that he doesn't have ability but I think Henderson can do perfectly well on his own.

The only 4 spots should go to seamers. I would put in Masters first of all because he has good control, can keep it tight and is experienced. He may not be the most penetrative bowler but he can put consistent pressure on. Liddle has quite decent pace so I would put him in too. Walker impressed me in the 20/20s earlier this year and I think he should be given a chance. Then I think the last spot should go to Steven Clark who took two wickets in 12 overs in his sole championship game earlier this season and has also impressed for the seconds.

I'm not saying this attack would take 20 wickets but it'd give a bit more variation and a few more options to the captain

Cummins to miss out, his figures have been a bit disappointing since coming into the side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69