The Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

iv got a question - we were told the transfer budgets gone yet here we are making signings even though we must only have saved minimal amounts on shipping benji and blake out.

im wondering if our budget has been increased by ticket sales? given that the club seems to operate on much more stricter budget rules these days im wondering if they assumed nothing when it came to ticket sales for the home games - as opposed to allocating a budget based on a projected amount of sales over the season they just didnt take it into account at all hence the unexpected funds. does anyone know if this is the case?

We lost a lot of high earners during the summer, so maybe we have allocated a small amount of the money we have saved to go towards transfers. Yes I know we spent a million pounds on Connolly :eek: and Williams, but with people like Izzet and Sinclair on the £30,000 a week mark and with players like Dickov and Thatcher pulling in £20,000 I would not be surprised if we kept some money for the transfer window.

Of course the club would have taken into account gate receipts when sorting out a budget. If they hadn't we would have a great deal more than £60k to spend!!!

It's probably money from Benji and Blake, and if Scowy is going to Norwich for £500,000, their assuming that will happen so giving Levein some of the money now.

Or possibly, their giving him some of the money he would be getting in the summer, in a desperate attempt to save our season?

Country Fox said:
iv got a question - we were told the transfer budgets gone yet here we are making signings even though we must only have saved minimal amounts on shipping benji and blake out.

We haven't made any signings yet.

It could be that De Vries and Maybury coming in will only happen if Scowcroft (or someone else) leaves.

Babylon said:
Of course the club would have taken into account gate receipts when sorting out a budget. If they hadn't we would have a great deal more than £60k to spend!!!

Agreed, twice in a week. :shock:

Steven said:
Babylon said:

All the alcohol i had over Christmas has lowered my number of brain cells, i am now operating at around your level. :lol: :shock: :wink:

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Babylon said:

All the alcohol i had over Christmas has lowered my number of brain cells, i am now operating at around your level. :lol: :shock: :wink:

Not lost any of your charm I see. :roll: :wink:

webmaster said:
Country Fox said:

We haven't made any signings yet.

It could be that De Vries and Maybury coming in will only happen if Scowcroft (or someone else) leaves.

Webbo is correct as usual, there will need to be departures to fund any permenant transfers in. The club could not offer say 2 year contracts to players based on loaning one player out for a month & saving a small proportion of wages with the other loan.

Our understanding is that more activity both ways should be expected in the coming weeks.

Also to answer some earlier points:
Country Fox
" im wondering if our budget has been increased by ticket sales? given that the club seems to operate on much more stricter budget rules these days im wondering if they assumed nothing when it came to ticket sales for the home games - as opposed to allocating a budget based on a projected amount of sales over the season they just didnt take it into account at all hence the unexpected funds. does anyone know if this is the case? "

The budget was set based on higher crowds than we had been getting (excluding the last 2 games), therefore the the ability to fund anything transfer wise was reducing, hence the need to move people out

Mike Hunt Smells
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We lost a lot of high earners during the summer, so maybe we have allocated a small amount of the money we have saved to go towards transfers. Yes I know we spent a million pounds on Connolly and Williams, but with people like Izzet and Sinclair on the £30,000 a week mark and with players like Dickov and Thatcher pulling in £20,000 I would not be surprised if we kept some money for the transfer window."

Micky spent all of this seasons transfer/wages budget in the summer, nothing was held back by him for this window.

I thought our budget this season was based on a probable gate of 25000 compared to 29000 last time we were down here! In which case the budget is already blown! Let us hope Norwich pick up the phone!

so will the de vries and maybury deals only go through if someone is sold?

Country Fox said:
so will the de vries and maybury deals only go through if someone is sold?

Don't think there is any doubt about those deals going through subject to finalising personal terms, however it does indicate another departure(s) is(are) also agreed.

I would imagine, reading between the lines that Scowy is a gonner but they obviously wont let him go until the replacement (de Vries) is here.

Is this assumption that scowy is leaving based on anything or is it just pure speculation

step said:
Is this assumption that scowy is leaving based on anything or is it just pure speculation

Even if talks have or are taking place that doesn't make a departure certain, particularly with players on large contracts.

We expect further departures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265