Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

James Richardson’s podcast doing it as well, “big game for Maddison....if he has another good season he could well move to Man U in the summer”, whilst simultaneously saying that our squad is as good as theirs and that we are competing in a top six six-pointer

James Richardson’s podcast doing it as well, “big game for Maddison....if he has another good season he could well move to Man U in the summer”, whilst simultaneously saying that our squad is as good as theirs and that we are competing in a top six six-pointer
Well he clearly knows **** all because our squad is better than theirs.
The media really do piss me off. They actually believe that because they are Manchester United, they have the divine right to be thought of as very good players.

I will clearly regret this but they do really have some very ordinary, one paced shitehouses. If we don't freeze under the limelight, we should beat them and take the piss in doing so.

To add, my little boy (8 years old) is going to this game tomorrow with his uncle as a birthday present. I couldn't get a ticket but I am so proud of him going to watch his favourite team. In amongst all of the Manchester City and Manchester United fans up here, he is proud to call himself a Leicester City supporter.

That pissed me off but it wasn’t James Richardson it was Joe Crilly
As much as I love James Richardson he’d probably struggle to name more than five of our players.

As a thought exercise how much do we think this squad is worth asset-wise in the current market?

Obviously a completely speculative and stupid exercise but I don’t care.

Our full backs and midfield alone must be nearly half a billion quid.

Choudhury
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
Chilwell
Ricardo
Barnes

All locked up, all purchased/developed at peanuts compared to their current value.

Must be worth an absolute fortune.

Hi, my guess:

Choudhury £50 m
Ndidi £60 m
Tielemans £50 m
Maddison £85 m
Chilwell £80 m
Ricardo £80m
Barnes £40 m

no way we get as much for Ricardo as we would Chilwell, you're forgetting the England/home grown player tax

Maddison 90+
If Tielemans regains form 75+
Choudhury 30-40

no way we get as much for Ricardo as we would Chilwell, you're forgetting the England/home grown player tax
I think you could argue lots of permutations but overall I don’t think I’m 10’s of millions out?

Hi, my guess:

Choudhury £50 m
Ndidi £60 m
Tielemans £50 m
Maddison £85 m
Chilwell £80 m
Ricardo £80m
Barnes £40 m

Those valuations are bonkers. Putting aside the fact that valuations depend upon a side being willing to pay and a player being keen to go, I'd put them more like:

Choudhury/Barnes - £10m. You cannot put anything higher as neither player has achieved anything of note yet.

Tielemans - £35m. That's what we paid for him and there weren't any other takers. Not sure why his value would have risen in the last few weeks?

Ndidi - £35m. I'd say similar to Tielemans. I can't really recall any other teams ever linked with him despite him being a regular in our team for approaching four years.

Ricardo - £40m. I'd say he's on the edge of top value of right backs in Europe. That's what they cost.

Maddison - £50m. On the verge of being an England/proven Premier League playmaker but still erratic and inconsistent. You could get better for £50m around Europe but he's English.

Chilwell - £70m. England's left back and one of the best in the league. Still not the finished article but our most valuable asset.

Those valuations are bonkers. Putting aside the fact that valuations depend upon a side being willing to pay and a player being keen to go, I'd put them more like:

Choudhury/Barnes - £10m. You cannot put anything higher as neither player has achieved anything of note yet.

Tielemans - £35m. That's what we paid for him and there weren't any other takers. Not sure why his value would have risen in the last few weeks?

Ndidi - £35m. I'd say similar to Tielemans. I can't really recall any other teams ever linked with him despite him being a regular in our team for approaching four years.

Ricardo - £40m. I'd say he's on the edge of top value of right backs in Europe. That's what they cost.

Maddison - £50m. On the verge of being an England/proven Premier League playmaker but still erratic and inconsistent. You could get better for £50m around Europe but he's English.

Chilwell - £70m. England's left back and one of the best in the league. Still not the finished article but our most valuable asset.

Hahahahaha. What a load of old bollocks.

You’re in rare form of late dear boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758