Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have we sold 2 key players in the same window?

Ture ture. We might just get stupid money for someone easily replaced like the previous window. Who will be the foreign Chilly?

Incredible business if true.

I'd sell both tomorrow for that money.

We should be after £130m for Maddison alone. Chilwell worth a good £50-60m on top.. I assume they'll be back for Filbert and Top after, and probably Ricardo as well.

Yes playing for England is a real step up in quality, if anything it reduces the price, there's players in there that have won the champions League yet under Southgate & his clueless ability he's turned them into dog turds.

****ing Hell Payne...I can hear that ax grinding from the states.
Nope, just stating the obvious, I couldn't care less about the England team they haven't won anything in my whole lifetime & yet every game is built up by the press as if England are some amazing team playing brilliant football that has won everything with a manager that is a tactical genius, they fall over themselves gushing about any top 6 club players particular from London where in reality we beat the dross in qualifications that is the equivalent of Scottish division two & every half decent side we come up against we play crap & lose it's been by happing for decades. Gareth Southgate got the job as he's a yes man with a broom handle stuck up his arse, so what have I said that isn't correct ?
Please all feel free to persuade me otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Athletic has another piece about Maddison and Man U, won’t post the whole article (not just because I’ve subscribed for the privilege but also technical issues!) but saying how people with links to the clubs and Maddison feel he’ll move next year, but others think he’ll use it as contract leverage before moving later.

But also how Man U are slipping down in terms of prestige to attract such players.

The Athletic has another piece about Maddison and Man U, won’t post the whole article (not just because I’ve subscribed for the privilege but also technical issues!) but saying how people with links to the clubs and Maddison feel he’ll move next year, but others think he’ll use it as contract leverage before moving later.

But also how Man U are slipping down in terms of prestige to attract such players.

Despite my criticism of him, I do think that there is a potentially excellent player in Maddison. He's technically got it all. If I didn't rate him, I wouldn't pick on him if that doesn't sound perverse.

Having said that, in my opinion, right now Tielemans is better than Maddison and Praet and Tielemans look better together than either do with Maddison.

He is a couple more seasons (at least) away from being good enough to improve at Man Utd. He has plenty going for him, but he'll flounder there in his (and their) current state. He'll be another Lingard or Alli - shows talent and flatters for a bit, but ultimately disappoints.

I know he's a Man Utd fan and it is his dream move. Therefore, I expect it will happen next summer. His agent appears to be already hard at work. I think it's a short sighted decision on his part though. I also think it's an incredibly silly move from Man Utd. They need finished articles, not another rough diamond.

Emiliano Buendia at Norwich would be a lovely little signing. Mind you we've got enough midfielders but still.

Sell Gray whilst he's still worth something and bring in someone silky skilled and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757