Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you who there should be a rumour about. Michail Antonio for £10m.
The guy is an absolute workhorse and can play as well. Barnes, Perez, Vardy, Iheanacho would get shitloads of goals just by him being on the pitch.
If i were Brendan i'd be offering Demarai Gray on loan and some cash to the Hammers to get Antonio in....

I'd say he's the best player WH have got.

The guy is an absolute workhorse and can play as well. Barnes, Perez, Vardy, Iheanacho would get shitloads of goals just by him being on the pitch.
If i were Brendan i'd be offering Demarai Gray on loan and some cash to the Hammers to get Antonio in....
All the talk last night was about how they have to manage him because he's so injury prone.

Always liked him since he scored an awesome goal against us at the KP for Sheff Weds.

Seems like a good character too so certainly wouldn't complain if he ended up here.

I'd imagine West Ham would want a lot more than £10m though!

I’d be very concerned is we signed that Southampton player. He’s a useless duffer and doesn’t fit our profile at all.

It's going to be difficult to sign someone who knows he will only be used in emergencies, and is happy with that. Vestergaard may be as good as it gets on that basis, though I can't see us spending that much money for someone we hope will never have to play, just so that Benkovic can go out on loan.

I’d be very concerned is we signed that Southampton player. He’s a useless duffer and doesn’t fit our profile at all.

Especially as Southampton want to recover all of the £18M they paid for him. We apparently have offered £15M; even this sounds excessive for an ill-fitting reserve.

the article talks about us wanting him as cover because Wes Morgan is injured, you know the guy that was an unused sub on Sunday and played last night ,shows you all you need to know about that article

£10m? Even with their owners there’s no chance they’d sell him for that (relative) pittance

We might as well sign a young player and let him develop.
We have that in Benkovic. We either sign a player who is first-team ready when needed, or not sign anybody. The Southampton guy might not be the answer but this is the sort of profile we should be looking at.

What are they playing at with Gomes? Bizarre he can't get a game in that side.

Also, Chong and Gomes both have contracts expiring in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757