Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they playing at with Gomes? Bizarre he can't get a game in that side.

Also, Chong and Gomes both have contracts expiring in the summer.
definitely players we should be targeting.

we've been linked with a loan for Steven Bergwijn, not sure how reliable the source is though

definitely players we should be targeting.

we've been linked with a loan for Steven Bergwijn, not sure how reliable the source is though
Why do we need to be targeting Gomes and Chong exactly?

Why do we need to be targeting Gomes and Chong exactly?
extremely talented young players that are about to be out of contract, through their choice, no brainers for me and from what I've read from people that have seen them play they would fit in well too

extremely talented young players that are about to be out of contract, through their choice, no brainers for me and from what I've read from people that have seen them play they would fit in well too
Do you think it might be worth buying some players who have actually played first team football seeing as we’ll probably be in the Champions League next season?

you can do both, we need a bigger squad
So we need to sign players to improve the regular starting XI plus go after youngsters presumably as backup after they ran their contracts down for never getting a chance in an awful Man U side? And magic away the squad players we already have, right?

Just trying to get me ‘ead round it.

you can do both, we need a bigger squad

We have the maximum squad size of 25 registered. I think you mean we need a better squad of 25 for next season.
Like letting go of James or Benkovic. Will Fuchs, Albrighton and Morgan no longer be good enough as experienced back-up players. There may only be about 5 or 6 of the current squad that most fans would say are not good enough to stay.

We have the maximum squad size of 25 registered. I think you mean we need a better squad of 25 for next season.
Like letting go of James or Benkovic. Will Fuchs, Albrighton and Morgan no longer be good enough as experienced back-up players. There may only be about 5 or 6 of the current squad that most fans would say are not good enough to stay.
given their ages they wouldn't need to be named in the 25 man squad in order to play, I would also off load both Gray and Albrighton this summer.

I would think the following players would leave Amartey, Slimani, Ghezzal, Silva, Diabate, Jakupovic and probably Mendy, all of whom were named in our 25 man squad in Augus8t only 1 of whom has actually played for us. There are a lot of players that we could move on to make room for better quality

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve got to give it to him, he keeps coming up with answers. Lee Congerton had better watch out.

Ghezzal and Diabate weren't.
Sure I read they were but fair enough, there was still a list of 5 players named in the squad that have played 3 games between them whose spots can be used for other players

Sure I read they were but fair enough, there was still a list of 5 players named in the squad that have played 3 games between them whose spots can be used for other players

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Albrighton, Marc Kevin*
Amartey, Daniel
Barnes, Harvey Lewis*
Benkovic, Filip
Chilwell, Benjamin James*
Choudhury, Hamza*
Evans, Jonathan Grant*
Fuchs, Christian
Gray, Demarai Remelle*
Iheanacho, Kelechi
Jakupovic, Eldin
Maddison, James Daniel*
Mendy, Nampalys
Morgan, Westley Nathan*
Ndidi, Onyinye Wilfred
Pereira, Ricardo
Perez Gutierrez, Ayoze
Praet, Dennis
Schmeichel, Kasper Peter*
Silva, Adrien Sebastien Perruchet
Slimani, Islam
Soyuncu, Caglar
Tielemans, Youri Marion A
Vardy, Jamie*
Ward, Daniel*

Mendy looked good enough to me, if he could get injury free, he could certainly do a decent job for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757