Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way would we buy a complete twat like Lingard

Thank God there's only a few more days to put up with this complete horseshit

Lingard CAN play inside left or right, has a bit of a pace and is a **** sight better than Demarai Gray. The fact that it has gone remarked upon that he only has two goals this season is the clue. Demarai Gray only EVER gets two goals a season and it doesn't get any coverage. Get Lingard on the ground floor and watch as he flourishes again under Magic Brendan's super midfielder whispering...

So we should replace Gray not with a more productive player, but with a player who produces the exact same as him? Why?

If Lingard was on a free I could see some truth to this but can't see us paying £30m for him

worse than Gray, Kapustka or 'absolutely no-one'?
I don't particularly like him, but he shouldn't evoke that much vitriol versus the very limited options we have to our first choices at the moment.

Lingard is a shit player and a wanker. I don't want us to have anything to do with him.

because, statistically he has a track record of much greater output. the price for him will be naturally depresses and the likelihood is we will be able to get much more out of him than he has produced of late - given that class is permanent and form is temporary.
i don't want him signed, but i could easily see the logic in it.

So we should replace Gray not with a more productive player, but with a player who produces the exact same as him? Why?

because, statistically he has a track record of much greater output. the price for him will be naturally depresses and the likelihood is we will be able to get much more out of him than he has produced of late - given that class is permanent and form is temporary.
i don't want him signed, but i could easily see the logic in it.
Gray has more goals and assists than Lingard does in fewer games over the last year

worse than Gray, Kapustka or 'absolutely no-one'?
I don't particularly like him, but he shouldn't evoke that much vitriol versus the very limited options we have to our first choices at the moment.

I couldn't care less about any debate over his merits as a footballer. He's exactly the sort of entitled idiot that is the difference between us and the likes of Man Utd.

Too much, too young, based on fluff and not actual achievement. He'd be poison in our squad. I wouldn't take him for free.

I couldn't care less about any debate over his merits as a footballer. He's exactly the sort of entitled idiot that is the difference between us and the likes of Man Utd.

Too much, too young, based on fluff and not actual achievement. He'd be poison in our squad. I wouldn't take him for free.
Throwing a Jlingz gangsta sign at this post fam.

We should be 3-1 up at least. Keep playing our stuff. Replace Perez with Albrighton. Keep it tight at the back and we should hopefully win.

Bergwijn, who we were vaguely linked with last week, has signed for Spurs now.

Would love to see a winger like that here.

At this point, pretty much any winger better than Gray will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263