Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rather sign one for free then spend £40m on him, plus Sturridge is used to being a bench player
On a free, and a pay as you play would be a good deal.
Money for Wilson would be a big risk, I agree.
I like what Rondon is doing this season, maybe worth an enquiry.

If nice uncle Brendan has a hefty wedge to play with I doubt he’ll be pissing around with the likes of Sturridge or Rondon

Wilson is good, but he’s a complete nightmare injury-wise. Doubt we’d go for him either

I don’t get it. Seri has done absolutely nothing to suggest he’s got it this season. Unless I am forgetting something.
You’re not. He’s garbage.

Fulham not playing that Snausages lad is supposedly one of the reasons their fans turned on Ranieri. He's looked absolute ****ing shite every time I've seen him this season, fast but nowt else at this level so far.

Seri is quality Fulham are awful, I think he’d look a different player in our side Sessengnon is more about getting a highly rated young winger/full back signed up

Sturridge scor
Seri and Sessegnon from Fulham

Now you're talking.

In terms of the future of this football club, investing in youth and having a manager who can get the best out of young players makes sense.

Make no mistake, I'm ambitious and don't want us to be a selling club but there's only so much pull and power we will have. Simple business sense says to buy young talent with potential, nurture and provide an income for later years when it becomes inevitable they want to leave to a bigger club. Ain't no shame in that.

As long as Chilwell, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Gray, N'Didi, Barnes, Maddison, Hamza etc continue their good development, we literally have hundreds of millions of pounds worth of future investment.

I was talking to Fulham fans the other day who told me Sessegnon was one of the only bright lights of this season for them.

Blimey, things must be really dire there then.

I think also that he's played a fair bit at left-back which is sometimes where he plays but he's much more devastating on the wing. His 15 league goals in the Championship last season certainly haven't come left-back.

Plus he's born in the year 2000. I don't think we've got anyone that young in the first team squad!

We already have a squad of leaderless youngsters.

We desperately need someone out field with some experience, leadership and quality.

We need someone calm on the ball, all of our
midfielders look scaltty and rushed.

Youth is great but we need a proper balance to actually achieve something in this league.

We already have a squad of leaderless youngsters.

We desperately need someone out field with some experience, leadership and quality.

We need someone calm on the ball, all of our
midfielders look scaltty and rushed.

Youth is great but we need a proper balance to actually achieve something in this league.

Couldn't agree more. I believe that those infamous comments from Alan Hansen that you 'can't win anything with kids' was from 1995 when Man Utd began the season with a defeat at Villa. They of course went on to dominate. In the team that day were the youngsters like the two Nevilles, Beckham, Butt, etc. What people conveniently forget was also in that team were Schmeichel, Irwin, Pallister, Keane, McClair, and so on.

It's absolutely true that you cannot win anything with kids. You need a mix of leadership, experience, and talented youth. We definitely have the talented youth. This summer we will be losing more of our remaining leadership and experience when the likes of Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs and Okazaki are released. We need to replace the leadership and experience, not add more youth or players that are followers or weaker characters.

Couldn't agree more. I believe that those infamous comments from Alan Hansen that you 'can't win anything with kids' was from 1995 when Man Utd began the season with a defeat at Villa. They of course went on to dominate. In the team that day were the youngsters like the two Nevilles, Beckham, Butt, etc. What people conveniently forget was also in that team were Schmeichel, Irwin, Pallister, Keane, McClair, and so on.

It's absolutely true that you cannot win anything with kids. You need a mix of leadership, experience, and talented youth. We definitely have the talented youth. This summer we will be losing more of our remaining leadership and experience when the likes of Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs and Okazaki are released. We need to replace the leadership and experience, not add more youth or players that are followers or weaker characters.
Exactly. Morgan appeared to do this very well for us and Pearson reportedly identified this as a factor in his signing. Milner at Liverpool and Kompany at Man City show that, even at the top level, there will always be a need for an experienced leader. This also looks like something teams like Arsenal have lacked, in recent years, hence their relative struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757