Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, it's always about getting the right blend of experience and energy. You need players who have been there and done it.

I think the position we need more experience in is midfield, particularly CM.

And CB if Morgan and Evans leave/aren't deemed first choice.

Agree, it's always about getting the right blend of experience and energy. You need players who have been there and done it.

I think the position we need more experience in is midfield, particularly CM.

And CB if Morgan and Evans leave/aren't deemed first choice.
Gerry Dal(e)y come on down :)

Fulham not playing that Snausages lad is supposedly one of the reasons their fans turned on Ranieri. He's looked absolute ****ing shite every time I've seen him this season, fast but nowt else at this level so far.

Leicester City will have to pay £40m if they are to turn 21-year-old Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans' loan move from Monaco into a permanent deal. (Mail)

Leicester City will have to pay £40m if they are to turn 21-year-old Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans' loan move from Monaco into a permanent deal. (Mail)

John Percy has said the same. We opted not to include a £40m option to buy in January. Already, that looks like a bargain to me. He oozes class. He's not fit enough which means he fades in the latter stages of matches but that's easily fixed.

I'd get on and do the deal ASAP. Priority number one for us, I'd say. If we can offset with £10-£15m for Silva, all the better. He's exactly the sort of player that can move us from mid-table to challenging for a place in the top six.

They love Silva there.
Straight swap?

Personally I think 4 games in is a bit soon to commit to a £40m transfer.

He looks good and promising, but I want to see more over a longer spell before we'd splash that kind of cash on him.

From what we've seen so far I'm not convinced he's worth that but if Silva goes the other way and that brings the price down somewhat I'd like to see us bring him in for sure..

remember he's still only 21 so we could still make a huge profit for him even for £40m.

Us and Dortmund being linked to Alfredo Morelos from Rangers, they apparently want the same fee Celtic got for Dembele, which was £20m.

Performed well for Rangers but sent off about 4 times

Cambiassooooooo!
No. By all accounts was intensely disliked by the majority of the other players. Seemed to think he was running the show and was very condescending to all and sundry.

I mentioned it elsewhere a while back but I think a Milner type character would be a good fit for us right now. Solid, professional, can play in a number of positions and would not expect a starting place every game at his age. Someone like that could be brought in for little money (although wages might be a different story) especially if offered a prospective coaching role.

No. By all accounts was intensely disliked by the majority of the other players. Seemed to think he was running the show and was very condescending to all and sundry.

All accounts? I've not seen one

I've heard a few rumours but they came out a long time after he left, if he isn't that close to the players that could be an advantage of him coming back as a coach
Read Vardy’s book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758