Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be extremely excited if we were to keep all of the big guns and also signed Tielmans.

every signing is a gamble
Not strictly true. I once heard of a fella who had a strange addiction to placing bets of Danish women's hockey matches. He would bet multiple times a day and rarely win. His wife was very angry, and it all came to a head when the fella, seeing what he thought was a dead cert, lumped their entire holiday pot on one of the games. Needless to say he lost the bet and the very next day, his wife made him sign a "no gambling" contract. He signed it.

Not strictly true. I once heard of a fella who had a strange addiction to placing bets of Danish women's hockey matches. He would bet multiple times a day and rarely win. His wife was very angry, and it all came to a head when the fella, seeing what he thought was a dead cert, lumped their entire holiday pot on one of the games. Needless to say he lost the bet and the very next day, his wife made him sign a "no gambling" contract. He signed it.
Did he not have a system of some kind?

With several contracts, some of which were inflated after the title win, expiring this summer, I think quite a bit of money will be freed up. I'm also sure that Rodgers wouldn't be here without promises of funds to spend, and getting in a manager of his profile and giving him cash to spend is also the best way to encourage our best players to stay here.

You have absolutely no idea that this is the case at all. Painting your suppositions as fact doesn't do you any favours.
ah Brown Nose saying we're skint again

I'm getting increasingly puzzled by reactions on here. If I post some thoughts based on some reasoned evidence, or even random thoughts, why is this disregarded because it cannot be proven as 'fact'? None of us know the exact situation at the club. It seems a bit weird to have to point out in every post of supposition that this is what I'm doing. It's pretty obvious that this is what 90% of posts on here are, is it not?

It's starting to feel like a complete waste of time to think about something relevant and post an opinion. I don't mind if you disagree or (preferably) counter my post with some other thought process, after all I think that's the point of this forum, but there is a routine tendency nowadays to just dismiss anyone that says anything that isn't banal or obvious.

you basically said unless we sell Maguire and/or Chilwell we won't be able to make major signings, it was completely baseless assumption on your part, unless of course you work as an accountant for Leicester City F.C./King Power.

What's the point arguing against baseless speculation?

I would hardly say it was baseless, brown nose cited the level of investment in previous years, and the development plans are very significant financially, so not unreasonable to think there MIGHT be less to spend

To expect that we are all of a sudden going to spend more than ever is baseless as far as I can see.

you basically said unless we sell Maguire and/or Chilwell we won't be able to make major signings, it was completely baseless assumption on your part, unless of course you work as an accountant for Leicester City F.C./King Power.

What's the point arguing against baseless speculation?

It wasn't 'baseless' though was it? I set out our net spend from each of the last five seasons as evidence to suggest that signing Tielemans (who it has been widely publicised that was offered to us for £40m) wasn't a likely signing unless we sold one of our valuable assets.

You are correct that I don't work as an accountant for the club. If this is the requisite qualification required to comment on our likely transfer spending now, we might as well close this thread. Or at least change the name to "Facts - the tedious and obvious but absolutely based on known information provided by the club spring summer 2019 thread".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263