Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you sooner lose, Ricardo or Chilwell? I think Ricardo is going to be better.

We must keep both for me.. I don’t see why we lose anyone this summer but I can see us unable to sign Tielemans unfortunately. Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I expect we'll sell Chilwell for a pittance, rub our hands with glee, watch him turn into Gareth Bale and end up presenting Match of the Day. 'twas ever thus.

RODGERS TARGETS TARKOWSKI

Brendan Rodgers sees James Tarkowski as a potential replacement for Harry Maguire should he leave Leicester this summer, reports The Daily Mail.

Harry Maguire has been linked with a move to Manchester United, while Tarkowski had another impressive season at the back for Burnley as his side secured Premier League status.

The Englishman also has two international caps to his name.

BACK TO CELTIC?

Leicester defender Filip Benkovic has admitted he'd love to return to Celtic next season, after Brendan Rodgers said he'd be happy to send the 21-year-old back to Glasgow on loan.

"I read the comments from Brendan Rodgers. At the moment I really do not know what will happen when my loan expires," Benkovic said.

"I've spoken to the sports director at Leicester and he's told me everyone at the club will soon sit down and decide what is best for me.

"I have spoken to Neil Lennon He told me that he would like me to stay at Celtic for another season. I must admit, when I first signed for Celtic, I didn't expect it to be as good as it has been."

RODGERS TARGETS TARKOWSKI

Brendan Rodgers sees James Tarkowski as a potential replacement for Harry Maguire should he leave Leicester this summer, reports The Daily Mail.

Harry Maguire has been linked with a move to Manchester United, while Tarkowski had another impressive season at the back for Burnley as his side secured Premier League status.

The Englishman also has two international caps to his name.

really don't see this happening even if Maguire leaves
BACK TO CELTIC?

Leicester defender Filip Benkovic has admitted he'd love to return to Celtic next season, after Brendan Rodgers said he'd be happy to send the 21-year-old back to Glasgow on loan.

"I read the comments from Brendan Rodgers. At the moment I really do not know what will happen when my loan expires," Benkovic said.

"I've spoken to the sports director at Leicester and he's told me everyone at the club will soon sit down and decide what is best for me.

"I have spoken to Neil Lennon He told me that he would like me to stay at Celtic for another season. I must admit, when I first signed for Celtic, I didn't expect it to be as good as it has been."
think once he's back here in pre season all talk of another loan will stop

The bullshitometer reading is high on the link to Tarkowski.

Unless we're selling two central defenders this summer, there is no way we'll be signing one.

This looks like his agent either looking for a new contract or trying to drum up interest.

As an aside, I reckon this summer will see us linked with more players than we've ever seen before. It will be one or two a day.

Another one from today - who actually looks more like the sort of player we should be looking at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rsenal-25m-race-Rennes-star-Ismaila-Sarr.html

Based purely on his name making me think he's like a Polish otter I'd sign Tarkowski. Get Vydra on a 2 for 1 otter deal.

talk is Tielemans first choice is us in some places in others he wants United or Spurs.

same people saying Man City want Chilwell will be moaning about the lack of clubs challenging the top 6 in August

Would be gutted to see him go to Man Utd or Spurs - probably more so Man Utd though, since I think we can genuinely challenge their place next season. But part of that relies on us getting Tielemans or someone of a similar ilk!

If I were him I would sign for us.

He’s made a jump to a “big” club in Monaco and it hasn’t worked out.

He’s been a huge success here, he’s really enjoyed it, the fans and players have taken to him. It’s just a move that will work out for him. And he’s still young enough to go and play for the big boys in a few years.

Then again, I’m not a 21 year old millionaire, so I wouldn’t pay much attention to what I’d do.

I will say this. If we start next season without Chilwell Maguire and Tielemans, that’s very bad news.

Not necessarily just on the pitch, but more the message that sends across the league (and to our own players) that our players our “gettable”.

The rumours I hear are that Tielemans would like to stay, but that Leicester and Monaco have been talking for a while and still a long way apart on valuation.

Monaco want €50 million and consider Silva to be worth €7.5 million, Leicester say €40 million and Silva is worth €15 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757