Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious how we get done over by European clubs on transfers

I will say this. If we start next season without Chilwell Maguire and Tielemans, that’s very bad news.

Not necessarily just on the pitch, but more the message that sends across the league (and to our own players) that our players our “gettable”.

We've only allowed one big name to leave each of the last 3 summers so I would be surprised if both Maguire and Chilwell leave and I think your right about the message it sends

Reckon Monaco would be closer with their valuations. There's competition for Youri and Silva is a bit turd in all honesty.

Hilarious how we get done over by European clubs on transfers
It's because they know that we have more money than they have.

They can hold out for the biggest price they can get. The Mercury has already alluded to the fact that they are prepared for a bidding war and he'll go where the most money is. Meanwhile they'll still get Silva for whatever cut down price they can negotiate.

I would say €7.5 mil is fair for the Silva that played for Leicester, €15 is fair for the Silva that plays for Monaco.

Given the interest in him I think Tielemans will go for nearer €50mil that 40.

Just hope we don't mess about too long and another team snaps him up.

The Tielemans deal is pretty crucial to be honest. The players and manager have made it clear that they want him and if we lose him to another Premier League club, it's weak on our part.

We're either looking to kick on next season or we're not. There was little point recruiting Rodgers unless we back him.

I will say this. If we start next season without Chilwell Maguire and Tielemans, that’s very bad news.
I predict we’ll start next season with at least two of the three.

Does Tielemans have a say in whether he leaves or stays at Monaco? Assuming a good wage is on offer from us, could he put in a transfer request if Monaco did not want to release him, or only to someone offering more than us?
Is Tielemans technically a 'chattel', or, if not out of contract, closer to being a 'modern slave'?

Does Tielemans have a say in whether he leaves or stays at Monaco? Assuming a good wage is on offer from us, could he put in a transfer request if Monaco did not want to release him, or only to someone offering more than us?
Is Tielemans technically a 'chattel', or, if not out of contract, closer to being a 'modern slave'?
A transfer request doesn't have to be honoured by the club, it would however disqualify the player from any loyalty bonuses due.

Monaco can choose to accept or refuse any offers they like unless there is a release clause that is met.

I don't buy into this modern slave stuff though. Players sign lucrative contracts, they have access to expensive advice and help negotiating the terms. Essentially their contracts contain non-compete clauses like many well paying professions (this is the registration with the association) and the transfer fees are a way of buying them out of that clause.

Technically a player can quit any time he likes and sign for whoever would have him, but without buying the registration he would be unable to play association football.

Monaco want to sell, we want to buy, we want to sell Silva and Monaco want to buy him, just do the deal to get Tielemans then sort out Silva afterwards

Dead easy isn't it.

Apart from the fact that they might not be desperate to sell immediately, if they think they can get more money later in the transfer window, particularly if other clubs become interested in him.

And he might want to wait to see if a team in the Champions League want him.
it's not as complicated as people like to make out, meet their valuation they aren't going to say no in the hope someone else will pay more. Frankly if he starts dragging his feet then we should just pull out of the deal there and then as we don't need to be signing players that are not totally committed

I like him but I'm not sure we need to go stupid and offer anything above what we think he's worth.

He's a great little player but questions remain of his attitude once bored.

We probably have other options on the list as a back-up or even preference.

He's been great for us. I still think a revitalised Adrien Silva could be of some use and no doubt Brendan Rogers would like to get a look at him if the a deal for Tielemans doesn't work out. I think he's been great but wouldn't want us to pay too much over the odds. He has had games where he's just not been in it.

I still think our major priority should be to try and add some real quality out in wide midfield areas. Albrighton is the best we've got right now. Back up options are Ghezzal and Gray who have what - 3 goals and assists between them all season?......

Seriously? Have you only just started watching football?

He'd go for the same reason as Mahrez, greed and winning things (not him personally)
Yes. I have only just started watching football :rolleyes:

No need for that Lacko.

The fundamental point I was making was I did not think it would necessarily be an intelligent career move unless there was a guarantee of first team football.

Why wouldn’t he be guaranteed first team? He’s better than Delph and Zinchenko.

I don’t think this rumour is going to go away to be honest. Left back is probably Man City’s weakest area, and Chilwell would definitely be Pep’s cup of tea considering how comfortable he is bombing forward.

Why would he be? Their transfer record signing isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859