Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves are apparently going to trigger Rondon's release clause at £16m.

I still think he'd be a good signing for us and at that price these days then that's not a big risk. He's the type of alternative option we need.
I suggested signing him in the summer, and got vilified for it. Apparently he was not good enough for us, and no better than Slimani or Ulloa, I seem to recall.

An article I read last week said Rondon wanted to stay at Newcastle as his family were settled in Northumberland.

I could see that actually, hope they do want him so we get a bidding war going

...and then turn the whole ****ing lot of them down!

I'm in favour of selling Maguire this summer if the owners are not putting any money into the club, i.e. they are doing the same as every year since 2014 and expecting the club to be self-sufficient in the transfer market.

Man City need a left sided central defender and I rate Maguire higher than I do Stones or Otamendi. Man Utd would be substantially improved with Maguire in their defence. A bidding war could push the fee over £70m.

However, there is speculation suggesting that Top is putting substantial transfer funds in this summer. This would make sense given the change of manager and expressed desire to push the club on. We simply cannot realistically do this in any other way without making a large amount from sales that is superbly reinvested.

So, if the money is there to recruit quality players without selling, I'd keep Maguire. He's a big asset and it makes no sense to sell a player that makes a rival stronger.

FFP rules state that a Premier League club cannot exceed a loss of £105m over any three year period. Therefore, the club cannot gamble by spending beyond their means if they feel that there is any remote chance of the side getting relegated over this period. Then the shit really does hit the fan. The investment only makes sense when the club is sufficiently established that there is little to no chance that we'd get dragged down.

We're currently 20/1 to go down next season and it does feel as though we've got a buffer in terms of quality that would make a relegation struggle extremely unlikely over this time, unless we do something incredibly stupid.

This would make this summer the ideal time to invest and retain all our best players.

A random thought on transfers:

Bournemouth have previously tried to sign Gray from us. We turned down offers from them two summers ago and last summer according to reports.

Bournemouth have Ryan Fraser going into the last year of a contract that he's made it clear he won't be extending. He's therefore got to be sold this summer.

Surely a swap deal would be ideal for both parties? Fraser is exactly the sort of player we need. He plays either side and creates and scores. This season he got 7 goals and 14 assists in the Premier League. Contrast this with Gray who got 4 goals and 1 assist.

Bournemouth have previously tried to sign Gray from us. We turned down offers from them two summers ago and last summer according to reports.

Bournemouth have Ryan Fraser going into the last year of a contract that he's made it clear he won't be extending. He's therefore got to be sold this summer.

Surely a swap deal would be ideal for both parties? Fraser is exactly the sort of player we need. He plays either side and creates and scores. This season he got 7 goals and 14 assists in the Premier League. Contrast this with Gray who got 4 goals and 1 assist.
That's because Gray is hopeless.

Don't know much about Fraser but I've watched Gray long enough to know that he'd make an ideal Bournemouth signing, they buy shit wingers every season.

I like Fraser, he is a very powerful runner and difficult to stop, and he has an end product.

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To buy them is my real test,
To train them is my cause!
(I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Each player (my rivals want) to understand
The power that's inside!)
Players my rivals want!
Gotta catch em' all!

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.