Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should flat refuse to sell Adrien Silva to Monaco if Tielamans ends up anywhere but here.

I don’t care who we do flog him too... but not Monaco. Tell them to **** themselves.

Probably agent "leaks" to apply some pressure to get us to finalise the move and secure the best financial deal for Monaco and the player. I would be surprised if he went to Man City to become no more than a bit part player.

I did too. What really pisses me off is the blatant tapping up of him and Mahrez by Guardiola. It should be brought to the attention of the relevant football authorities. Let's hope Manchester city are banned from the champions league.
I hope tielemans doesn't go there because they would only buy him to stop Spurs and man United from getting him.
Again, it was the little bit of ear whispering that the squeaky clean totally perfect Pep was doing.
I agree. On and off the pitch this tapping up stuff needs to be controlled a bit more.

Probably agent "leaks" to apply some pressure to get us to finalise the move and secure the best financial deal for Monaco and the player. I would be surprised if he went to Man City to become no more than a bit part player.
Why would you say that about Tielemans when Mahrez has joined Manchester City for the same reason?

This thread is largely dull so far. Last few summers, we've signed players before the end of May.

From Alan Nixon this evening - the journalist that said Rodgers was coming well before anyone else:

"Leicester plan to spend big and are chasing targets in Europe. Think there's live interest in likes of Robben and Sarr (Rennes winger). But the hard thing is always landing the first biggie."

This thread is largely dull so far. Last few summers, we've signed players before the end of May.

From Alan Nixon this evening - the journalist that said Rodgers was coming well before anyone else:

"Leicester plan to spend big and are chasing targets in Europe. Think there's live interest in likes of Robben and Sarr (Rennes winger). But the hard thing is always landing the first biggie."
Surely we wouldn't be interested in Robben?

I can see Brendan being interested in Robben, an experienced player with a winning mentality would be good to have around the place, and it would be good for Barnes, Gray and Madison to learn from him. Just a question of wages.

I can see Brendan being interested in Robben, an experienced player with a winning mentality would be good to have around the place, and it would be good for Barnes, Gray and Madison to learn from him. Just a question of wages.
Absolutely. A bit similar to Cambiasso in that respect.

Just watched Maguire being interviewed on England duty. Interesting. Said he’s not focused on club football but when asked about Maddison he said “I am sure Leicester will turn down any bids and it will be good for him to develop at Leicester”. The fact he referred to the club in the 3rd person is a little worrying - made it sound like he wasn’t there. Or am I interpreting this wrongly!?

Just watched Maguire being interviewed on England duty. Interesting. Said he’s not focused on club football but when asked about Maddison he said “I am sure Leicester will turn down any bids and it will be good for him to develop at Leicester”. The fact he referred to the club in the 3rd person is a little worrying - made it sound like he wasn’t there. Or am I interpreting this wrongly!?
Reading way too much into it, which is how 97% of football transfer rumours start. Good work.

You've got the required skills to be one of those Sky Sources now.

I watched the season review 15/16 last night. First time in a couple of years. What struck me more than anything was the engine of that team was always Drinkwater. He was absolutely immense for us that year. Always there, always pushing his team mates, always wanting the ball, always in the thick of the action. I genuinely don't think we appreciated his role enough.

Would it be a bad move to get him back? You'd imagine that he's available and Chelsea will just want rid. With us losing Simpson and Okazaki, and surely with King and James disappearing this summer on loan or transfer, would it be that daft to bring such a key character of the club back?

I know his head has gone recently and his off the field antics are deeply worrying. But we've got a manager that can manage difficult characters now. It would be a gamble worth taking I reckon.

Given that we are hoping to bring in a good number of players and that we already have options in midfield I think bringing him in to fill a spot in the 25 man squad would be a waste of a slot.

I watched the season review 15/16 last night. First time in a couple of years. What struck me more than anything was the engine of that team was always Drinkwater. He was absolutely immense for us that year. Always there, always pushing his team mates, always wanting the ball, always in the thick of the action. I genuinely don't think we appreciated his role enough.

Would it be a bad move to get him back? You'd imagine that he's available and Chelsea will just want rid. With us losing Simpson and Okazaki, and surely with King and James disappearing this summer on loan or transfer, would it be that daft to bring such a key character of the club back?

I know his head has gone recently and his off the field antics are deeply worrying. But we've got a manager that can manage difficult characters now. It would be a gamble worth taking I reckon.

Also worth noting that the first half of the 16/17 season he was also immense. But then dropped off rapidly like the rest of the team.

As you say, his head has gone. When that happens it tends to be every bit as bad for a career as knees and ankles at the same time

As you say, his head has gone. When that happens it tends to be every bit as bad for a career as knees and ankles at the same time

Drinkwater's head was always gone. He was a nutjob when Pearson was his manager, as Pearson said on numerous occasions. It's who he is. There have been plenty of similar players, it's about focusing them. Rodgers can do that.

He's a lot better than James, King, Silva, and I'd rather him in the squad than Mendy. Keep Ndidi and Choudhury, add Tielemans and Drinkwater and lose the other four.

Drinkwater was good for us, but I'm fairly sure he wouldn't be now.

I don't think a move back here would sort his head out. I think he needs to go to a promoted team with a strong work ethic that will get him back in the right place.

He also royally pissed me off in his final season because I felt like he gave up. I've said it before, but everyone else who played badly in that season seemed to be generally struggling. Drinky on the other hand though was the one player still going pretty strong, and then it just seemed to suddenly switch off. I felt like he just gave up trying and started sulking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757