Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone pays us £71m for Ben Chilwell I would snap their arm off.
With correct recruiting, we could bring someone in the mould of Ricardo for the left side for half £20-35m and then spend the rest on a striker.

Or we keep hold of a very talented player with bags of potential, and buy a striker anyway

What is wrong with people - “if we get an offer £ xxx gazillions I’ll drive him there myself” etc. etc.

Just keep an amazingly promising talented bunch of players together, add to it, and see what happens FFS

Except Gray, obviously, ‘cos he’s wank

Or we keep hold of a very talented player with bags of potential, and buy a striker anyway

What is wrong with people - “if we get an offer £ xxx gazillions I’ll drive him there myself” etc. etc.

Just keep an amazingly promising talented bunch of players together, add to it, and see what happens FFS

To be clear, I would like to keep Ben Chilwell.

The point I was making was yes he is a good defender, but in my opinion £71m is way above what he is worth. Everyone has their price.

To be clear once again, I know that signing a new player is always a risk so yes ideally we would keep our best players.

I agree entirely that the 'sell if the money is right' attitude is the wrong one. But you're also missing the main point here. We wanted to keep Cambiasso in 2015, Kante in 2016, Drinkwater in 2017 and Mahrez in 2018. We tried very hard to keep them all. They all left because they chose to go.

If Maguire or Chilwell or any of the others decide that more money and better opportunities are available elsewhere, they'll find a way to get their move.

Look at Hazard - Chelsea don't want to lose him but they will. Ditto loads of players at clubs that can offer much more than we can. It's not as simple as saying 'no' to offers and pretending that we live in a bubble.

And yes, Gray is wank.

I agree entirely that the 'sell if the money is right' attitude is the wrong one. But you're also missing the main point here. We wanted to keep Cambiasso in 2015, Kante in 2016, Drinkwater in 2017 and Mahrez in 2018. We tried very hard to keep them all. They all left because they chose to go.

If Maguire or Chilwell or any of the others decide that more money and better opportunities are available elsewhere, they'll find a way to get their move.

Look at Hazard - Chelsea don't want to lose him but they will. Ditto loads of players at clubs that can offer much more than we can. It's not as simple as saying 'no' to offers and pretending that we live in a bubble.

And yes, Gray is wank.
But we don't have to lose them this summer as they are on long term contracts. We can ask for extortionate figures and watch the big clubs squirm.

And yes, Gray is wank x2

But we don't have to lose them this summer as they are on long term contracts. We can ask for extortionate figures and watch the big clubs squirm.

And yes, Gray is wank x2

That's exactly what our approach has been for the last couple of summers. We tried desperately to stop Drinkwater and Mahrez from leaving. Both ended up being protracted and pretty unpleasant sagas.

Both left. And that's almost always what happens.

That's exactly what our approach has been for the last couple of summers. We tried desperately to stop Drinkwater and Mahrez from leaving. Both ended up being protracted and pretty unpleasant sagas.

Both left. And that's almost always what happens.
Drinkwater wasn’t a saga till he drove pissed I believe?

Townsend? Jesus.

Is he better than Ghezzal, Diabate, Kapustka and Gray? Yes.

Is he capable of helping us to improve our position in the league? No.

He doesn't score or assist enough. He's both inconsistent and predictable to defend against. We must be looking for better surely?

Townsend? Jesus.

Is he better than Ghezzal, Diabate, Kapustka and Gray? Yes.

Is he capable of helping us to improve our position in the league? No.

He doesn't score or assist enough. He's both inconsistent and predictable to defend against. We must be looking for better surely?
Agree. This seems like a rumour recycled from five years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263