Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs can't afford madders

We've been linked with Townsend every transfer window for the last three years. Hopefully this is just the acid reflux of old rumours

We've been linked with Townsend every transfer window for the last three years. Hopefully this is just the acid reflux of old rumours

Dear God I hope so

He’s sodding awful

BN is spot on. He's better than what we have got but nothing like as good as what we should be aspiring to get hold of.

It's clearly rehashed, made up bollocks anyway so I wouldn't waste time thinking about it.

Townsend is clearly the new Wayne Routledge: decidedly ordinary player we get linked with every transfer window despite the fact they wouldn’t improve our squad one bit. In the 90s it was Jason Wilcox and any Wimbledon player, usually Ben Thatcher. I’m sure some “sources” just generate these stories by matching player X, Y or Z to a club they think is about the right level.

At £14m we couldn’t do much worse for an option off the bench. We paid about that for Ghezzal ffs.

At £14m we couldn’t do much worse for an option off the bench. We paid about that for Ghezzal ffs.

Why the feck would we be spunking any money on some shithouse to come off the bench just because he’s better than Ghezzal ??

I don’t care what he costs, he’s not feckin good enough to move this team forward

Why the feck would we be spunking any money on some shithouse to come off the bench just because he’s better than Ghezzal ??

I don’t care what he costs, he’s not feckin good enough to move this team forward
Funnily enough we require more players than just the first 11.

If Wilson is available for £25m (as was said a week or 2 back online) would you rather him for that or Townsend for £14m?

I think I'd rather the gamble on Wilson, but loads of teams will want him for that fee also
He’s alright.

Not for me though. Hope we have loftier ambitions.
for first choice yes, for back up and not sure we'd get someone much better

If Wilson is available for £25m (as was said a week or 2 back online) would you rather him for that or Townsend for £14m?

I think I'd rather the gamble on Wilson, but loads of teams will want him for that fee also

for first choice yes, for back up and not sure we'd get someone much better

We should be looking to improve our starting 11 in that specific position.

We should be looking to improve our starting 11 in that specific position.
You don’t think Wilson or Townsend are an improvement on Gray?

My 80 year old grandma would be.

I know **** all about Wilson.

I know Gray is nowhere near good enough

I think it's important that we get someone with Premier League experience. We have wasted too much time and money in recent years on players that have been unable to adapt.

Townsend is an okay player and you know what you are going to get, but nothing to get excited about. Similar to Albrighton in that regard.

My personal choice would be Antonio.

Rangers and Colombia striker Alfredo Morelos, 22, who has been linked with Leicester and Borussia Dortmund, says he has ambitions of playing in a "much better, more competitive league". (Goal.com)

On his way to Newcastle apparently.

£14m isn't bad at all and Townsend is pretty good. I'd hope we'd go for younger but it wouldn't be a bad buy and IMO, is a definite improvement over Gray and Ghezzal. I think we should go for Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth, if they still want Gray he can go the other way..

And the award for mongiest football forum thread of the summer goes to;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265