Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't us letting Maddison go. Maguire yes, but not Maddison.

I agree but if he's genuinely a target for all 4 clubs that will make it difficult.

Eriksen has told Spurs he wants to go so I can definitely see them coming for Maddison.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...d-leave-west-brom-summer-just-5m-due-release/

We get a mention in here:

Jay Rodriguez could leave West Bromwich Albion this summer for just £5 million due to a release clause inserted last year.
Rodriguez is available for the cut-price fee, which will rise to £10m after 12 months, after striking an agreement with the Championship club last summer.
Following West Brom’s relegation from the Premier League, Rodriguez was happy to give the club one more year in a bid to help Albion achieve promotion out of the Championship.
Burnley made offers of up to £16m for the England international but West Brom resisted the bids and agreed a compromise with the striker that he could leave this year if the club failed to get promoted.
The clause was also inserted by Albion’s hierarchy in good faith due to Rodriguez’s professional behaviour last summer, at a time when other players were demanding to leave. Ben Foster and Craig Dawson even refused to fly out for a warm-weather training camp in pre-season.

The 29 year-old scored 22 goals in the Championship but Albion lost in the play-off semi-final on penalties to Aston Villa.
Burnley, Bournemouth and Leicester are now considering triggering the clause in Rodriguez’s contract and offering him a route back into the Premier League.

Rodriguez was signed for a fee of around £12m from Southampton in July 2017 by former Albion head coach Tony Pulis.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...d-leave-west-brom-summer-just-5m-due-release/

Jay Rodriguez could leave West Bromwich Albion this summer for just £5 million due to a release clause inserted last year.
Rodriguez is available for the cut-price fee, which will rise to £10m after 12 months, after striking an agreement with the Championship club last summer.
Following West Brom’s relegation from the Premier League, Rodriguez was happy to give the club one more year in a bid to help Albion achieve promotion out of the Championship.
Burnley made offers of up to £16m for the England international but West Brom resisted the bids and agreed a compromise with the striker that he could leave this year if the club failed to get promoted.
The clause was also inserted by Albion’s hierarchy in good faith due to Rodriguez’s professional behaviour last summer, at a time when other players were demanding to leave. Ben Foster and Craig Dawson even refused to fly out for a warm-weather training camp in pre-season.

The 29 year-old scored 22 goals in the Championship but Albion lost in the play-off semi-final on penalties to Aston Villa.
Burnley, Bournemouth and Leicester are now considering triggering the clause in Rodriguez’s contract and offering him a route back into the Premier League.

Rodriguez was signed for a fee of around £12m from Southampton in July 2017 by former Albion head coach Tony Pulis.

Funnily enough, that could be spot on. Wouldn't expect to start every week, but has goals in him and would make for good cover for Vardy.

We shouldn't be spending "big" on a striker, but we do need reinforcements, and one's that would be willing to play second fiddle.

And he already has an understanding with our man Harvey.
I can remember a few goals where they had an assist to eachothers goals.

I reckon Manchester United, Manchester City, Spurs and Liverpool should look at a lot of the posts on this forum from the first two thirds of the season about Maddison (from certain posters) and they will realise that he is just an arrogant showpony who had the audacity to wave at his own fans, use Instagram and have fun with his team mates. That'll put them off.

I reckon Manchester United, Manchester City, Spurs and Liverpool should look at a lot of the posts on this forum from the first two thirds of the season about Maddison (from certain posters) and they will realise that he is just an arrogant showpony who had the audacity to wave at his own fans, use Instagram and have fun with his team mates. That'll put them off.

:006:

Maddison started last season well. He was then pretty awful for a few months but he finished the season very well.

I was critical of him when it was deserved and praised him when he merited it too.

I am totally sure that he's going nowhere because he isn't consistent enough yet for a better team than us. Overall he had a good debut season but some of these articles are bonkers.

All these 'links' are complete horseshit planted by his Agent purely designed to get him improved terms.

journalist making up horse shit as they have not got a clue what is happening. I thought Maddison signed a 5 year deal? If he did he can wait and if he has a strop he can do it in the reserves.
We MUST not sell I really do believe we can push top 4 if we improve, barring Man City and the scousers we were not that far off the pace.

:006:

Maddison started last season well. He was then pretty awful for a few months but he finished the season very well.

I was critical of him when it was deserved and praised him when he merited it too.

I am totally sure that he's going nowhere because he isn't consistent enough yet for a better team than us. Overall he had a good debut season but some of these articles are bonkers.

All these 'links' are complete horseshit planted by his Agent purely designed to get him improved terms.
I love the response! For the record, I agree (with last two paragraphs at least) :002:

the best thing is all these journos selling all the best players to the top 6 will be writing articles moaning about no one challenging the top 6 soon

Stalking FoxesTalk is more entertaining than any of the end of season football.

We haven’t even been linked to Mungongo and Billy Shitpants could slip through our fingers if we’re not careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263