Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire is 26 and therefore at a different stage in his career to our bunch of 21/22 year olds. I suspect we gave it the old “give us one more year” job to him last summer and it wouldn’t surprise me if he left (although I’d love him to stay). The younger players may be tempted by a move, but we’re in a strong position on that front, with our demands for large fees.
I said this in here in May, so I can quite believe there’s something behind it.

if he goes then we must stick to our valuation of him, if Man City or Man Utd can not meet it then tough luck.

With regards to Teilemen if he signs for Man Utd he will play a lot for them as like us he will get 1st team football.

This is a precarious period for us and it is important that we really recruit well this time.

So then, James Justin.

Is he any good? Or is he Belgium bound for the foreseeable?

So then, James Justin.

Ridiculous amount of money for someone who hasn’t played higher than League One level before. Hope the majority of it is add ons.

Seems a bit steep for someone who has never played above the third tier but when you look at how Jamie Vardy has gone on to become one of the top strikers in the country you never know. We seem to be pretty good at investing in young talent.

So if we got offered £90 million for Maguire, what would you do?

It's a ridiculous price for a league 1 player.

I would imagine the upfront payment is absolutely nowhere near it.

I genuinely saw Man Utd rumours yesterday linking them with Tielemans, Ndidi and Maddison, among other names.

On Twitter there were various posts snout who they wanted and a lot wanted those 3 - all seemingly oblivious that they just want our entire midfield.

I hope we don't sell anyone to them, the arrogant twats.

They're there to be caught this season.

According to the Telegraph, Man Utd are no longer interested in Tielemans as they aren't sure of the £40m asking price and will pursue other targets instead.

They're there to be caught this season.

I reckon so too. Combine 'breaking into the top six' with 'chain only as strong as its weakest link' and you (currently) get ManUtd.

Or maybe Spurs, if they lose a few key components (after years of not quite) and decide on a change of tactics/direction and rebuild/refresh.

Edit: or Chelsea, as a wave of misguided nostalgia sees them appoint "Lamps" (eye roll anyone?) and a knee jerk anti Sarri-ball reaction installs John Terry as defensive coach. Dad's Army at the Bridge, that'll show these European elites.

Last edited:
Arsenal are shit

Chelsea will be shit

Man Utd are shit

Spurs are spurs

If we don't have a right old go at these lumbering big wankers this season then we're unambitious and deserve to lose our best players.

Having said that they at least need to stay and have a ****ing good go first.

According to the Telegraph, Man Utd are no longer interested in Tielemans as they aren't sure of the £40m asking price and will pursue other targets instead.
Bizarre. Won't spend 40m on possibly our classiest player last season but happy to spunk 15m on a championship teenager 'because he's a bit quick'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363