Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was more of an exception than the rule. In modern transfer fee talk, which I grant you is ****ing absurd, £40m is probably about par for a player such as Dunk. I think he's an excellent defender by the way and would be a terrific addition if we were to lose HM.
If that’s the benchmark for every defender then we may as well pack up and go home.

At £40m, two Lewis Dunk’s = one Harry Maguire.
Evans transfer was awfully managed by the selling club. They're supposedly offered something like 10 times what we ended up paying for him but turned it down and decided to get relegated anyway.

All very valid points.

There appears to be no reliable source confirming the imminent departure of Maguire and there are still links to other centre backs going to Man City.

Does anyone have any reliable info that he is going?

I took most seriously the article from Steve Bates which referenced a highly realistic conversation between Maguire and Vichai from last year. Their agreement was basically that he'll be allowed to leave this summer if his valuation is met. Bates is a reputable journalist and can only be reporting what he was told by representatives of one of the Manchester clubs who will certainly have been talking to Maguire's agent.

The outstanding issue is whether either of the clubs linked with him will pay what Top wants. Rob Tanner said that he'd been told Top had said he wanted £100m for Maguire before the summer began. I think this is unlikely but it shows that he's not going to be bullied.

The other factor is our lack of signings. We usually have much of our business done by now. The only realistic reason why we haven't is that it all depends on what happens with Maguire. Our plans and budget will be radically different if he stays or goes.

Outside of that, a lot of it is just guessing. However, the bottom line is that Man City own football nowadays. They'll get whoever they want. If they want Maguire enough, he'll be their player by August and I expect that to happen.

For all the piss and wind in the papers this window has so far been a complete non event.

Which I ****ing love because it makes that yellow tie wearing wanker on Sky Sports look like a ****.

The other factor is our lack of signings. We usually have much of our business done by now. The only realistic reason why we haven't is that it all depends on what happens with Maguire. Our plans and budget will be radically different if he stays or goes.

There have not been many signings by premier league clubs yet this summer. I think everyone is being put off by high prices and stubborn clubs.

It's a very, very quiet window so far.

Other than Hazard leaving Chelsea, I'm struggling to think of a single Premier League transfer.

The lack of movement is even more surprising when you consider the window closes much earlier this season, so it's a short window.

Clubs might be getting put off by prices but that will only push them up more if everyone leaves it last minute.

For all the piss and wind in the papers this window has so far been a complete non event.

Which I ****ing love because it makes that yellow tie wearing wanker on Sky Sports look like a ****.
This might be my favourite post ever.

Happy with that. Very unlikely we lose money on that deal.

If that's #1 I'm very happy with our approach thus far. Add Youri and I'll be delighted.

being able to play right back, left back and both wings would see him get plenty of game time too

it is very quiet on the striker front,on another note according to Sky Sports Man City will offer 80 million, crazy money IMO and it should stop Man Utd in their tracks.
Would much prefer HM to stay however, if the reports are accurate then he will be going shortly.

Man Utd have signed Wan Bissaka for 50 million hopefully this will cool their interest in some of our players not sure manure have bottomless pockets this year.

John Percy in The Telegraph seems to think that we are making progress in our talks with Monaco

Leicester are continuing talks with Monaco over a potential deal for Youri Tielemans, who impressed on loan at the King Power Stadium over the second half of the season.

Monaco want around £40m for the Belgium international but Leicester are believed to be making progress in striking a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757