Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30 m does seem a lot for Dozy Perez, but £70 m for Harry kind of puts it all in perspective. Question is, how much is Albrighton worth in this market?

Also although I wouldn’t like Harry to leave I agree for a massive offer it wouldn’t be the worst deal in the world, apart from justifying the media’s obsession that all our players are for sale.

However if he does go there is a part of me that would be quietly satisfied at little old LCFC being on the receiving end of the world record fee for a defender.

If anyone offers £90 million for Harry we should take the money and run. That would be our best bit of business since we got £11 million from Liverpool for Heskey in 2000, who was worth no more than £2million at the time.

If anyone offers £90 million for Harry we should take the money and run. That would be our best bit of business since we got £11 million from Liverpool for Heskey in 2000, who was worth no more than £2million at the time.

I think the best bit of business we did was Mahrez in for £400k and out for £60m.

I also disagree with Heskey being worth £2m then. £11m was a fair deal IMO - 150 appearances at Liverpool probably shows this to be true.

Wan Bissaka for £50m FFS.

£30m for Pérez is about right in this crazy market. Ings just went to Southampton for £20m.

I can’t believe it’s a straight up £30m. I’m guessing there’s a fair amount of add-ons, that would take it to that, but the starting figure would be lower.

I think the best bit of business we did was Mahrez in for £400k and out for £60m.

I also disagree with Heskey being worth £2m then. £11m was a fair deal IMO - 150 appearances at Liverpool probably shows this to be true.
Bit harsh on Heskey, that.

Perez ticks a lot of boxes. His record of winning the ball back for Newcastle high up the pitch is astonishing. Something like double any other player in the league. In this respect, he'll be of value because that's Rodgers style of play.

He's versatile. He can play as a striker, wide or in number 10 position. He's at his best on the right side cutting in, and again that's our weakest position.

His scoring record is excellent for someone in a very defensive team. He's got double figures in each of the last three seasons. He's good in the air too, finding space and scoring good headed goals.

He's excellent at holding onto the ball under pressure. He's also a very good passer. He would have far more assists in a better team than Newcastle as so often his teammates didn't make clever runs for him.

He reminds me of a cross between a Okazaki type, with some Mahrez thrown in.

He's an excellent addition with minimal risk.

I Agree Perez is better than he is getting credit for. Fits into our team perfectly IMO

Ayoze Perez and Youri Tielemans would be a fantastic signal to send before the silly season really kicks off If we get £80m + for Maguire then I think everyone can be happy with that deal. However we will need a strong additional centre back or I would imagine Chilwell and Pereira may well think that we have gone backwards defensively.
More important for me is a strong striker option for the bench and also for games where we want to play two up top or play a different way. I know Rodgers worked with Dembele at Celtic and I can't get past him or Rondon for our striking options unless there is an eye on someone else.
Absolute must keeps if we are going to push on are Schmeichel, Chilwell, Pereira, Ndidi, Maddison and Vardy.
I wouldn't be averse to us offering Gray as a make weight in any striker deal as he just isn't delivering

I Agree Perez is better than he is getting credit for. Fits into our team perfectly IMO

He's definitely got ability and his work rate can't be questioned. He's massively inconsistent though, I'm concerned we're buying a harder working version of Gray.

He's definitely got ability and his work rate can't be questioned. He's massively inconsistent though, I'm concerned we're buying a harder working version of Gray.

Don't say things like that.

Easier to coach an inconsistent player than a lazy one, I'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265