Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd apparently going to move for Issa Diop from West Ham - reports are that they only want 1 new centre back, and OGS wants deals done this week ahead of their pre-season tour.

Man City apparently will complete signing of Nathan Ake from Bournemouth today.

So if they both happen, Maguire may well be staying put.

Man Utd apparently going to move for Issa Diop from West Ham - reports are that they only want 1 new centre back, and OGS wants deals done this week ahead of their pre-season tour.

So if they both happen, Maguire may well be staying put.

Brilliant

And we look like a much more ambitious club than both of those.

Building nicely

I reckon Aké is more of a Pep-type player than Maguire, more mobile and less lummox looking. I've been impressed by Aké whenever I've seen him.

And at half the price of Maguire, I can see why Man City would opt for him.

I reckon Aké is more of a Pep-type player than Maguire, more mobile and less lummox looking. I've been impressed by Aké whenever I've seen him.

And at half the price of Maguire, I can see why Man City would opt for him.

Was hoping we'd have a little punt on him

The Percy has spoken:
  • Ayoze Perez medical today, expected to be complete in the next 48 hours - £16m fee as he had a release clause
  • £40m move for Tielemans to be completed by early next week
  • Still considering a move for a winger
  • Hardline stance on Maguire, at least £90m required

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ayoze-perez-stand-firm/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Love it! Happy with all of this. £16m for Perez is a very good deal. £30m mentioned before felt high

The Percy has spoken:
  • Ayoze Perez medical today, expected to be complete in the next 48 hours - £16m fee as he had a release clause
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ayoze-perez-stand-firm/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Love it! Happy with all of this. £16m for Perez is a very good deal. £30m mentioned before felt high
:026::026::026:

Really want us to keep Maguire now and have a really good go at the big six.

Kasper
Ricardo
Maguire
Evans
Chilwell
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Perez
Vardy

**** me that’s a good side. Better than anything united or arsenal will trot out.

Kasper
Ricardo
Maguire
Evans
Chilwell
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
Robben
Perez
Vardy

**** me that’s a good side. Better than anything united or arsenal will trot out.

Fixed it for you ;)

Is that rumour dead?

I think we'd still need at least 1 more attacking player, because other than the 3 you named and Albrighton, we don't have much in the way of decent backup or an option to change it up. A tricky, pacey winger would be a huge addition

Kasper
Ricardo
Maguire
Evans
Chilwell
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Perez
Vardy

Very lightweight

The Percy has spoken:

The article says £30m? Seems to be lots of sources quoting £30m and £16m. He's hardly prolific but he has got skills and had a great season for Newcastle last year. £30m seems a bit steep but I'd be happy either way to be honest.

The Percy has spoken:

I’d like it but I haven’t a clue where you’re getting the 16m quote from. That article says 30.

There's no chance on this planet that its 30

The article says £30m? Seems to be lots of sources quoting £30m and £16m. He's hardly prolific but he has got skills and had a great season for Newcastle last year. £30m seems a bit steep but I'd be happy either way to be honest.
I’d like it but I haven’t a clue where you’re getting the 16m quote from. That article says 30.

Weird. It's obviously been updated. All the reports yesterday said £30m but the article definitely said £16m. If you look at the URL, it says £56m too - 40 for Youri, 16m for Ayoze. Jason Bourne also quoted it on Twitter calling out the 16m fee.

Must've updated it since then. I've seen others say 16m rising to 27m with add-ons, so that's probsbly most likely. And it's not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263